Yay for new stuff!

JAG107

Reef enthusiast
So I had one of those urges for new additions this weekend, and with a federal tax refund in the bank....
flasherwrasse2.jpg

New flasher wrasse. I forgot what the exact name of this species is.
flasherwrasse1.jpg

ORA Scripps Stag Acro (discount for the fact it's a little brown and the store fragged the top of it)
scripps1.jpg

This one's cool, the store calls it a "joker monti". It will color up to an almost black base with NEEEEEON green polyps (I saw a colored up frag NFS in their frag tank in the back, super cool), I will post updated pics as it colors up:
jokermonti1.jpg

This is a bad pic, but a it has a nice green base with pink and purple hued polyps, very nice. Real expensive for the whole piece, so I talked the guy into selling a little frag of it for $10. Normal people would call that crazy, $10 for a 3/4" stick!
newbirdsnest02-15-09.jpg

Maricultured Montipora Confusa. Super cool, red polyps, greenish base w/ purple rim. Picture coloration sucks
confusa1.jpg

This was my stimulus package for the local economy this weekend LOL. The stores around here are really hurting. I'm not used to asking the price of a piece, saying "ehh...maybe not this time" and having 40% slashed off the price to get me interested again. Most stores, it's take it or leave it at the marked price, you know? They start discounting the stuff, I don't even ask. That confusa, I asked for a frag b/c I didn't want to pay the full price for the whole piece, so the guy lowered the price $30 on the spot, just to sell it. Geez!

Way to keep the ecomony going! I will be contributing this weekend too. A fish I've been waiting for....seems like forever, finally came in.

Really nice shots, looks good. I just got a Koran like two weeks ago he's tiny. The colors on yours were awesome, sorry you lost him. Like you said though, they're nippers. Mine nips at EVERYTHING he's a little terror.

Really nice shots, looks good. I just got a Koran like two weeks ago he's tiny. The colors on yours were awesome, sorry you lost him. Like you said though, they're nippers. Mine nips at EVERYTHING he's a little terror.

The nipping will only get worse, I'm afraid. But a trade-off for such a beautiful fish...?

The nipping will only get worse, I'm afraid. But a trade-off for such a beautiful fish...?
personally i like the emperor better, they look the same as korans when in the juvenile coloration, they grow up to have a prettier coloration in the adult stage, and they have a way better success rate with corals

Back