Yellow blenny

Redsprint

Reefing newb
Hi

I lost my very cute yellow blenny this week. He was in my small tank 58 liters. He lived on a cataphylia looking very cute. Other fish left him alone. My only concern was that he was a slow eater the other fish getting to food before him. One day he looked fine the next day..gone.

I once had a mandarin in my four foot tank and I am convinced he starved. By the time he stalked his food other fish ate it. Is there a secret to feeding them?

Cheers

Paolo

Do you have a lid? Maybe the fish jumped. Otherwise, if it died, the cuc and other fish probably already ate his remains up.

Mandarins are very tricky creatures. They're not quick eaters, so if he WAS eating frozen, that was awesome, but you would've had to spot feed him to ensure he gets his fill of food. It also would have been better if you had a healthy pod population for him to munch on.

Hello Smitty,

No overflow I'm afraid. I think the poor little fellow is really gone. Did a water change last night and no sign of a "body", though I know from experience how fast the crabs etc can deal with that.

I was crushing pellets and even overfeeding corals so that he had stuff to eat, but I still think lack of food is the likelly culprit. I'm really not inclined to get another of those fish unless someone has an idae for feeding. there are two clowns in that tank and they get to all the food fast.

Paolo

Back