Yellow Foxface Rabbitfish

markrj

Reefing newb
Picked up this little guy yesterday.

During his first hour in the tank he was hiding and when he did show himself he was not yellow at all! Blackish/Gray spotted.

Within the hour he was mostly yellow.

Foxface1.jpg

Then, very quickly he seemed to want to explore the tank and by morning it's like he owns the place!

Foxface2.jpg

I did a feeding about 3 hours after introducing him to the tank and he gobbled up the food! (Rod's food original)

He is eating sheet algae and everything. He was also nibbling on the molt from my new Scarlet Skunk Shrimp.

I have a Lo version. Got him that small but he is like 7" now and a tub. Nice mostly and never touched the coral. Now he tries to spike new fish.

It's one huge Kenya tree! I already cut that sucker in half too! It grows like a weed in my tank. Heck, all my corals are growing like weeds.

Congrats on the foxface! I love mine....like Phast, mine was only as big as my bangaii almost. Now, he's worth at least 4 bites, as the hubby puts it :) He's all fat, too. You'll love him!

I love my OSFF. Mine was small, about 3" when I got it. He was pissed off just like your was in the first picture. Mine took about a month to regain full colour, but I think that was due to one of its spines being injured when it was caught at the LFS. Now he just goes into camo mode while sleeping. Looks kinda creepy, but its a great fish. Mine eats ANYTHING that goes in the tank. I feed mostly Rod's, but do toss in a variety of other stuff. Mine has never turned down a meal! Its right at 6" now. Boy can it MOVE when it want to! Two whips of its tail and it full speed and at the other end of the tank!

Back