yellow polyp colony

Lanzo

LAN
hey forum, thanks for all the help and info you gave me on all my questions.My tank is geting better and better everyday.Last year this time i added a torch coral and it died after 2 weeks.Last week a added a Fox(2nd LPS in my Tank) and it is doing very well, it seems my tank kan handel LPS's now.

Can someone pease give me some more info about the yellow polyp colony?About: Ligth,flow,feeding,placement,reproduction and additives to add?

These are easy to take care of. Low to moderate light (so you can put it at the bottom of your tank), low to moderate flow, no special feeding required, they will usually spread really easily, no additives needed.

They spread pretty quickly.

I bought a rock with 2 little yellow polyps, about 2 months ago. Today, I got about 10 of them. Mine are placed in medium current--just enough to make them blow around a bit. And medium level in the tank--probably medium/med high lighting.

What kind of plankton?Thats the generic term
Cyclopeeze is a zooplankton,a very small red bug that makes great coral food,fish love 'em too.

hey hey hey i never ever gave this stuff to my reef, i found a tin (behind my sump) full of Cyclop-eeze myne has stuff written on it in german made by ARGENT.(Is that the stuff??)
My LFS sold it to me,its very expensive, and i've added some only twice in one year.

The plankton i have is PLANCTO?

What do i feed with what?

Try feeding whatever is smallest.

50 cm below 150 w MH is 15 inches, I think that's way too close to the lights for those polyps. Put them down near the bottom of your tank.

Back