Yellow tang color?

andersoned14

Reefing newb
I got a new yellow tang that its color is very bright yellow looking real good. Now this last week the color around its face is starting to fad, what is this? Still eats and everything else looks fine. fish is around 3" in length:question::dunno:

Are you feeding him algae sheets? Also, they won't be as vibrant first thing in the morning. When are you noticing it?

I've never had the issue with my yellow, but I had it when I originally got my foxface. In my case, I don't think I was giving him enough different nutrients. Once I started varying his diet, he started putting on weight and keeping his yellow color.

Are you feeding him algae sheets? yes, every other day off day mysis or formal 1& 2 Also, they won't be as vibrant first thing in the morning. When are you noticing it? All day long and the only loss is around its eyes. The rest of the body and fins look great.

I've never had the issue with my yellow, but I had it when I originally got my foxface. In my case, I don't think I was giving him enough different nutrients. Once I started varying his diet, he started putting on weight and keeping his yellow color.

I tryed for an hour to get a pic but it is very scared when I go near the tank. It is in a 20gal QT right now with a flame angel but they don't seem to bother each other. Wondering if it might be getting a little small tank stress? I plan on moving them both to the 90gal this Sunday unless things seem to get worse. They will have been in QT for 18days a that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen what you're describing with my yellow, so I'm at a loss to help. Hopefully it's just stressed. They do like alot of swimming room. Mine does laps all day. I would maybe consider moving him into the DT prior to Sunday if you're really concerned about it.

Back