Yellow Tang ?

FNG44601

Reefing newb
I noticed my yellow tang has a white pinhead size spot(or ball to be more descriptive) on his fin. No where else- None of the other fish have it! I've seen this at the lfs but still do not know what it is- I just knew that I'd buy one without.
I checked my water parameters today- everything is good- although yesterday I did need to do a lil ph boost from about 7.8.

What should I do?

does it look like this
tang_yellow1.jpg

if so it is a natural defensive (dagger) that all tangs have

if not it might be ich

if theres only 1 on 1 fish i would get a turkey baster and try to blow it off Qurintine it or get twezars and put it up to where there is a lot of current and it might fsall off

It could be a piece of sand or an air bubble. Worse case scenario, it's a disease like ich. If I were you, I'd just keep an eye on the fish and make sure it's eating and staying active. It will help if you soak its food in garlic extract and Selcon (vitamins) before feeding. I wouldn't remove the fish from the tank unless it stops eating. Tangs are not very healthy fish and are especially susceptible to ich, but most healthy fish have no problem fighting it off by themselves.

cleaner shrimp would be good as hibye said. uv steralizer would not be a good idea unless you are going with a large bioload fish only with live rock tank. the uv steralizer will steralize even the good things in your tank you want to be in there

Coral bandeds have the potential to kill pretty much anything. They commonly kill fish, other inverts, etc. Some people have them and never have a problem with them being aggressive, but I hear more often than not about coral bandeds killing other livestock.

yeah the one I've got is pretty much an A hole..... So most likely he's gone this weekend- in exchange for a couple of cleaners..... Besides, he's been pissin me off robbing my corals of food- gotta go, gotta go!
But I'm in MI on biz and stopped at this AWESOME fish store on the way (The Coral Reef in Toledo, OH) and the chick there said she's seen it before, doesn't know what it is, but it usually just goes away. She also warned me to check that he doesn't get a reddish tint- some sort of internal infection????

Back