Yellow Tang

ZOOT098

Reefing newb
Yesterday while i was watching the Steelers kick the crap out of the Chargers I noticed my Yellow Tang is really looking bony and skinny

His color is good, nice bright yellow, and his eyes are clear, always have marine algea on a clip for him to munch on, although he didnt seem real agressive at feeding time yesterday.

Any thoughts??

Have you tried Garlic with your food? or selcon? im sure after the poor appearance of your fish you have checked your water parameters?

params are all good
calcium checked a little high, and DKH a little low, but i am in the process of getting that under control

he has been in since november, and been fine, not sure why he is having this problem

the algea i use has garlic in it, i did not try adding garlic to the other foods i feed (mainly mysis, and emerald entree)

i guess i will try different colored algea, should i switch them back and forth??

nevermind
it died while i was at work

didnt seem like anyone had any interest in my question anyway

thanks to the ones that did respond

sorry to hear about that.

I hate this hobby because of that. Something you invest in is so beautiful and it shows a little sign of weaknesss and then BAM its gone. Ugh its frustrating.

sometimes they just have internal parasites that make them not want to eat or slowly whither away. This same thing happened with my Midas Blenny.

Back