yellow watchman is happier!

beano

habitual reefer
my 30g originally had one clown and a yellow watchman. the yellow watchman (from here on out referred to as "yellow fish", thats his name) was very happy, he would move around the whole tank between the rocks on the bottom. when i added a starry blenny, yellow fish seemed a little freeked out. the starry blenny("ziggy") never harrassed yellow fish, i dont know what the beeef was, but yellow fish stayed around one cave way over in the corner.

unfortunately ziggy has passed. yellow fish is back to wandering around the length of the tank. now i am torn because we wanted to get another starry blenny. i am wondering if maybe a six line wrasse or some other dither fish would be better for yellow fish.

any thoughts? am i overprotective of yellow fish? i never thought about his happiness when he was stuck in the corner because he seemed happy but now i see he is much happier.

biff- your a scientist, can fish be happy?

Fish cant be happy but we can knowing that we are doing our part to keep them healthy and content. I thought it was a pretty good question to honest with you.

a 6-line would be a bastard. I gave mine the boot as he tried to tear up my yellow fish. For some reason my yellow fish doesn't much care for the white tail bristle tooth. He flares open his mouth and gills when the white tail comes around his cave. Yellow fish has no problems with the clown or coral beauty which are also much larger than him.

I think fish friends can be happy all around I think every being can be happy with in it's own mental capacity. we can only speculate what a fish feels or does not feel. Or any being that we can't talk to and know what makes them feel what. Sure we base cognitive emotions on mental capacity based off our own. But to me that's not right each being on this dust ball is amazing in its own right. We really don't know the true emotions or intelligences of such things as fish. hell for all we know Mr. yellow fish could have the formula for cold fusion locked inside his tiny little brain. So yes in my opinion fish can be happy.... also I think you should get a Firefish there awesome :D

Back