yellowhead jawfish

RigoSharon

LIVING REEFS INTERN
just wanted to show you guys my new inhabitant for my 10g..a yellowhead jawfish...hes still a bit curious about hes new home..

DSC03178.JPG

DSC03174.JPG

theres the damsel checking him out!!

DSC03179.JPG

Sounds awsome rigo. Do shrooms and leathers grow in the ocean near you, or will you have to nuy them? Cant wait to see the new corals when you get them.

i will have to buy them..the are not a common coral here..after my tripp to DR ill see if i can buy some nice frags...an update on my jawfish, he took an daredevil jump to the floor this morning...i found him gasping...ive been watching him...hes not doing so good...he looks very stressed, not eating....i think hes not gonna make it trough the nite...im sad cause he looks awsome and i tried everyting to make him feel confortable..i even let him watch the discovery channel and disney...well thats life..ill kkep you guys updated...

sorry to say this but the little critter is dead..hes helpless body was traped by one of my hang on filter..he just made hes final tripp trough the ceramic tobogan...may he rest in peace in fish heavens...

I hate that Bud.
I never could figure out why about the time you add a really cool fish,they decide they would rather fly than swim.:12::confused:

i will have to buy them..the are not a common coral here..after my tripp to DR ill see if i can buy some nice frags...an update on my jawfish, he took an daredevil jump to the floor this morning...i found him gasping...ive been watching him...hes not doing so good...he looks very stressed, not eating....i think hes not gonna make it trough the nite...im sad cause he looks awsome and i tried everyting to make him feel confortable..i even let him watch the discovery channel and disney...well thats life..ill kkep you guys updated...

Sorry to here that. From what I seen to help make his stay more enjoyable, he needs more substrate with shells etc. so he can build a hole. something that sometimes helps Jaws to stay put, Dig a hole and stuff it with shells etc. then put him in that area. Jaws need to be able to hide in a hole that they are deep in the substrate.

its never fun losing fish right away like that, sadly im sure almost all of us know that from experience. are you planning on gettin another one?

well , rigth now im doing my homework to see what kind of fish is good for nanos, besides a pair of ocelaris clowns, ( thats what my girl wants), gobys are awsome, especcially the firefish one , but ive read they like to jump, my tank doesnt have a hood, so i dont want to take the risk about it...ill just wait for a while..

Try buying some eggcrate for the top of your tank Rigo. You can find it in home improvement stores like Home Depot or Lowe's in the lighting section. Just buy a piece and cut it to fit the top of your tank.

Back