Yet another thread on .... R-E-D__S-L-I-M-E

This appearing and then disappearing over night makes it sound like dinos which are much bigger issue to tackle. I would look into this

After looking up Dinos, i really dont think thats what it is, Its only on my sand and i dont get the little stringy mess with bubbles floating upwards. Im thinking it could be one of 3 things.

I might not have anough flow near the sand, I need a phosfate reactor, or My lights need to be replaced, ( PC lights ) but the light are only about 4 months old. I do notice more of this brown stuff on the side that has the 12k light VS the left side where i had to replace one when i first got the fixture, so i replaced it with a 10k white.

After looking up Dinos, i really dont think thats what it is, Its only on my sand and i dont get the little stringy mess with bubbles floating upwards. Im thinking it could be one of 3 things.

I might not have anough flow near the sand, I need a phosfate reactor, or My lights need to be replaced, ( PC lights ) but the light are only about 4 months old. I do notice more of this brown stuff on the side that has the 12k light VS the left side where i had to replace one when i first got the fixture, so i replaced it with a 10k white.

You should really break your issue out into its own thread

To the OP- I would cut back your lighting a few hours for now, and definitely look into a new skimmer, I think that will go a long way in solving your issues

So, the short story here is the phosban finally kicked in. It took 3.5 weeks, which is longer than I expected.

Nearly 100% of the red slime died off.

The bad news is, it is on it's way back...

My assumption is the media is already saturated and phosphates in the water from my last water change have stimulated growth.

This time I just tossed in some API phosorb pouches in my sump. Seeing how that cleared it up, I orderd a phosban reactor that has yet to arrive...

So, the short story here is the phosban finally kicked in. It took 3.5 weeks, which is longer than I expected.

Nearly 100% of the red slime died off.

The bad news is, it is on it's way back...

My assumption is the media is already saturated and phosphates in the water from my last water change have stimulated growth.

This time I just tossed in some API phosorb pouches in my sump. Seeing how that cleared it up, I orderd a phosban reactor that has yet to arrive...

Long term you're best bet is going to probably be GFO in a fluidized reactor

Back