Yikes is it Dead....

djnzlab1

Reefing newb
206_gramma2.jpg

I borrowed the pic above so you can see how pretty he is ....
HI,
Well I was checking all my little fish out doing a head count as I always do first thing in the morning after turning up the lights, And my favorite little fish was all layed out on top of a rock laying on his side like he was a DOAhis little head propped up on a piece of sponge ,:helm2: not even moving or breathing at all , and I nearly screamed and gasped o-sh well you can imagine..
As I reached for my handy long forceps to remove the Poor little guy he shot off to the back like rocket :bowdown: ,,, thank the fish keeping gods he was only asleep..
So I wait 10 -20 mins now before feeding in case someone is a sleepy head and dosen't feel like rise and shine...:shock:
Doug :shock: geeze someobody needs to warn new people about sleepy fish..
.http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/images/206_gramma2.jpg

Last edited:
One that you might want to watch out for in the future, just to save you some time. wrasses can sometimes bury themselves in the sand when they sleep, and then come out again during the day. This happened to a buddy of mine we spent hours looking all over his floors and everything but to no avail and then we saw him shoot out of the sand when my buddy bumped into the tank on accident.

squibley2 said:
One that you might want to watch out for in the future, just to save you some time. wrasses can sometimes bury themselves in the sand when they sleep, and then come out again during the day. This happened to a buddy of mine we spent hours looking all over his floors and everything but to no avail and then we saw him shoot out of the sand when my buddy bumped into the tank on accident.

I had a yellow wrasse like that. I never saw it on the days I worked. It came out after I left and went back before I got home.

Back