Yote!! Foxface. (and anybody else)

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
I'm doing some research on Foxface. I really like them, I searched the forums from 2008 and saw that you have/had one.. Have you had any problems other than the venomous dorsal? Since I've got a new tank, I don't have much algae growth in the DT, (not enough to keep him alive for an extended period of time) but can certainly supplement with algae sheets and other veggies. I like the fact that he's peaceful, but has the don't mess with me fin. I'm at 90g w/55 sump so I've got the room. Is he too much care for a newb? I set up a 10g QT yesterday, and I could pick him up this weekend, and QT him for 2-3 weeks.

Let me know your thoughts.

Foxfaces are pretty cool, and will eat just about anything you put in the tank. They are not difficult to keep at all. Rumor is, that they tend to nip at polyps, but I've never witnessed it before.

I dont think you'd have any problems with a foxface.They are cool fish.
The one I had picked up the habit of nibbling the hairs on my arm when I was working in the tank.As a result I got stung a couple of times.It no worse than a wasp sting.
I say go for it and cant wait to see the pics.:D

Thanks...Definitely my next fish. Did the Foxface nibble your arms the same way your Tang nibbled your finger?:D

I LOVE foxfaces! I have also owned one. They are very personable fish, but can be shy at first. Be sure to put some garlic on the bits of algae sheets since he/she may not be familiar with eating from an algae clip. You'll also like watching him put on his pajama cammo for bed time, or watching him flick up his spines at his own reflection.

When foxfaces get scared, or are going to bed for the night, they change colors from the brilliant yellow to a cammo pattern of cream, white, and brown. Its really neat!

DSC02307.JPG

DSC02209.JPG

Thanks...Definitely my next fish. Did the Foxface nibble your arms the same way your Tang nibbled your finger?:D

HAHAH
Not hardly:D He'd come up and bite my arm and pull the hairs.If I wasnt paying attention,I'd jump and get stuck with the spines.:shock:
My tang just flat out cut me.:frustrat:

I had no idea they changed colors!!! That's great..I'm glad you showed me that AG, The first time I saw it I would have freaked out.

I've had my one spot for about a year now.It has never nipped at a coral and eats anything...from algae sheets to mysis,definitely not picky.

Wow...awesome pics, AG :)

I noticed my chromis turn darker at lights out. I hung around with my led light after I turned out the lights, and they were so dark I could barely see them hovering by the black overflow. I pointed the light at them, and they were indeed darker.

How hard are foxfaces to care for, really?Liveaquaria says they're moderate. How hardy are they? What should one expect when getting one? I'm planning on getting one, definitely. It was one of my must-haves when I first started this hobby.

You and I are like peas and carrots.

Ok, but I'll be carrots cuz I HATE peas. And also I don't go around stealing people's chromis & clownfish and making it seem like that person simply had them die for no reason. :grumble:

:mrgreen:

Does it involve snow peas? Cuz i hate snow peas even more....at least I can eat peas mixed w/ fried rice...but if there's snow peas, I will NOT touch it.

Here's the story..

When I was in 2nd grade we moved to this tiny little town. They had a hot lunch program at school. The rule was, "EAT EVERYTHING ON YOUR TRAY!" you weren't allowed to get up from the table until everything was gone.

When I was young I was extremely lactose intolerant. Bottom line, I would throw up immediately. So first day of school, I go to lunch and they give me PEAS which I hate and Milk.

Now I know I can't drink the milk, and I'm NOT eating the peas. I give the kid sitting across from me my milk while the teacher isn't looking. He drinks it. No problem.....Now if I can get rid of the peas.

I know...I'll put them in the empty milk carton...I'm a genius.

Well, the teacher sees me putting the peas into my milk carton and tells me to dump them out and eat them. Being a good kid I do what I'm told.

Now I know, I've got less than a minute to get to a bathroom. So I scarf them down as fast as I can. I made it to the end of the table right where the teacher was standing. I threw up all over that bitch!! Ahh good times.

P.S.- The next day I had a 10 gallon tank of polly wogs dumped on my head. But we'll save that story for another time.

Hahaha. PRC sounds like Ralph Wiggum.

LOL!!!! So if YOU were a Simpsons Show character, who would YOU be? The hubby and I are definitely like Marge & Homer and he'd be proud to be Homer! I think Biff would be Lisa -- know it all and speaks her mind! My brother in law is TOTALLY Ned Flanders :)

Yeah, I was kind of an oddball when i was a kid. I didn't stick pencils in my nose, but it seemed like I was always in the wrong place at the wrong time. My best example of who I was like when I was a kid is the kid with the glasses from Christmas Story, I don't look like him, but I can relate if you know what I mean.

I don't watch the Simpsons so I don't know what character I would be...But I watch Family Guy and Stewie is my hero..I actually have Stewie Pajamas..I'm not proud.

The funniest one is my Mom. She IS the mom from Everybody Loves Raymond.. You would have thought they stole the character from my mom.

I just looked up Ralph Wiggum...Real Nice Biff.:D

Back