Yotes 125

yote

In Memoriam
Finally got it home.So I can officially start my new buld thread.

HELL YEASSSS:bounce:

Pics will be forth coming.

Looking good Yote keep the pics coming haha!

Figured Id be the first to demand pics in your build thread. Congrats on the new tank.

Just waiting on my help to get here so we can carry it in.I already carried the stand in.It wasnt that heavy,so I got it in by myself.
But the tank itself is HEAVY AS ALL GET OUT.So I'm not gonna risk that by myself.
Its a Marineland 125 with duel corner over-flows.1-1/2" drains with 1" returns.I also got the dorso kits with it.

Heres a pic that I quick snapped:
P1000198.jpg

I'll get more as I get everything together and while putting together.
I would have got a shot of those 1-1/2" dorso's,but I'm to lazy to walk back out to the truck right now.

Last edited:
Nice tank yote! the stand looks very nice also! Also what is that thing mounted on your wall holding the hats?

The pics there now Game:D I forgot to add it to the post.

Hibye,Thats one of my deer mounts.
The stands just one of those that comes with the tank.I was going to build my own.But for some reason,DIY stands void the warranty on the tank.

you gonna keep your 75 gallon goin also. i have my 125 gallon in living room and 75 gallon right next to my computer desk in computer room. 75 gallon is zoos, palys, rics and yumas, rbta. 125 is different kinds of cloves, star polyps, lots of leathers, mushrooms, gbta.

As of right now,I'm thinking about going with a 55gal sump.Then running a 30gal external refugium off of that.But that not set in concrete.It all depends on how much time I get to DIY some stuff.
The skimmer is going to be an external octopus for sure.But exactly which one depends on just much weekend and holiday work I get.Dont remember the exact model I was looking at,but it was $600.00 and rated for like a 300 gallon tank.But may end up downsizing on that if work gets cut.
As far as lights go.I love T-5s.But I'm seriously thinking I may go with 3X250 watt halides.Might even go with 3X 400 watters.If I go back with T-5s,It'll be a 72" Aquatinics fixture.Depends on how much I get back at tax time.
I'm either going to sale my 75 or give it to my 9 year old.He's about to drive his momma crazy for a snake and she keeps saying no.But he'd be just as happy with an eel in the 75.And he's perfectly capable of taking care of it by himself.But he also wants a Pacific Blue Ring Octopus,and that aint gonna happen.

that would be fun for him. we use to have a corn snake for my son and he loved it until one day it got a peice of bark stuck in its mouth and killed it.

Back