Yotes 75

dang that sucks. mine was only like 2.5-3 months. then outta nowhere just dead. I think if I had him now with what I know I could have kept it longer, I just didn't have the experience

From what I noticed with Copper,thier a lot like mandrines.Then a lot of natural live food.Even though copper ate frozen foods,he spent a lot of time picking pods out of the rock.
Personally,I think thats the key to keeping them.

Figured I had better update this before y'all bury it.
I turned my 30 into a sump/fuge with a 6 inch DSB with live rock rubble.Plus hooked both the CSS125 and 65.So I'm running 2 skimmers.Got a little 18 watt corallife light sitting over it.
Also added 6 different colonies of Acro.Which pretty much explaines why my calcium and alkalinity drop like rocks.
Next piece of equipment will be a calcium reactor,just gotta get some extra fund first.
Heres a few Yote quality pics from my phone camera.
Heres my Blue Tort:
BlueAcro-1.jpg

Heres a frag I added a couple of weeks ago:
anotheracro.jpg

FTS:
75.jpg

I'll get more of the corals later on.Takes to long load using dial-up.:grumble:

Sixty dollars versus twenty dollars. Broad band or dial up. Broad band cost minus dialup costs equals at least one coral frag per month, or a good steak and a cod beer once a week. Decisions, decisions. Maybe he lives out in the sticks where only dial up is available. Go out side the cities here in Alaska and there is not many places with broad band unless the goverment installs it. Oh, yeah some people even have to pay for feeding a wife and children. Not me, I'm FREE..................and usually all alone.

Last edited:
Right, but can't you pretty much get sattelite internet wherever you are? And I'm pretty sure yote lives in an area that he can get broadband

Well,dial-up cost my $9.00 a month.But like Alto says,its about as slow as those old crank style telephones.I could get DSL,but the phone company tryed to say I was 2 months behind on the bill,so I dropped em.
Now I'm checking options for sattlite internet,but it looks to be around 100 a month in addition to my the satt.TV.And I'll do without TV and internet both before I go back to Charter cable.
I just went back to dial-up cause I missed yall and was having livingreefs withdrawl,which pretty much sucks.

Yote if you use Direct TV and have your wife sign up as a new customer you can get DTV, phone and verizon DSL on the cheap for a bundling package.

Sixty dollars versus twenty dollars. Broad band or dial up. Broad band cost minus dialup costs equals at least one coral frag per month, or a good steak and a cod beer once a week. Decisions, decisions. Maybe he lives out in the sticks where only dial up is available. Go out side the cities here in Alaska and there is not many places with broad band unless the goverment installs it. Oh, yeah some people even have to pay for feeding a wife and children. Not me, I'm FREE..................and usually all alone.

Spending a lot of time alone. Now that's something I don't have a hard time picturing and explains a lot. I think I am beginning to understand.

depending on your area you can try and get at&t dsl for pretty cheap. They have a $10 a month plan, but you have to call and ask for it. You do need phone service for it, but you can get that for 5$ a month.

I would much rather have fast internet than any sattelite tv IMO but I have by choice of not watching it not had cable or sattelite tv 4 out of the last 5 years

I hardly ever watch TV anymore(not enough time).But when I do,I want a choice of something besides the local channels.And the local cable company sucks.So we got Directv and been thinking about getting their internet service through Hughs net.But they want 100 bucks a month,which is pretty steep.

Back