Yotes going hunting.

yote

In Memoriam
Just as the title implies.Its time for me to go hunting again.
Last night while getting ready for bed I heard it.

That dreaded clicking.

And to make matters worse,its coming from my 75 gallon reef.
After sitting up all night and watching,I still have not found the rock that my intended prey calls home.
But rest assured,I WILL GET HIM,I AM THE DOMINANT PREDATOR

I knew just by looking at your title what you had found in your tank!! It could be either a pistol or a mantis... Those pistols are freakin annoying! Where did you get your live rock from? Did you get it from Bermuda? Man it sucks to get crappy hitch hikers like that, I feel for ya! At least you have experience catching them. Be sure to post pics when you snag him!

Biff.
Its the same rock that was in the 55.Its Fiji rock.
If it turns out to be a pistol shrimp,he'll be safe.If its a mantis,he's bait.

I have so many little extra tanks sitting around, if I caught a mantis, I'd keep it in its own little tank... But I would have a hard time feeding it. I might cry everytime meal time came around :cry:.

bowhunter.jpg

Who needs a bandana,I got camo:mrgreen:

you go for it yote! teach that shrimp to make noise in YOUR reef tank! he'll be clicking in the porcelean pond before he knows what hit him!
have you ever tried to mount a mantis? hmmm. it might look neat hanging on the wall with a largemouth bass chasing it.

You're friggin' hilarious Yote!! I love it!! You've got your compound bow and the arrow knocked up. Did you remember the scent juice? Gotta have the scent juice to keep them guessin' :mrgreen:

you go for it yote! teach that shrimp to make noise in YOUR reef tank! he'll be clicking in the porcelean pond before he knows what hit him!
have you ever tried to mount a mantis? hmmm. it might look neat hanging on the wall with a largemouth bass chasing it.

Fish,you got me to thinking.
Why not mount the mantis chasing a bass?

mantis chasing the bass, i agree. If its a pistol definately keep it around. but of course its pretty obvious that you would have to ditch the mantis. especially after seeing the videos of mr mantis! :shock:

Well I get home and I'm wore out, but I'm hungry. So i decide to get on LR and see what's going on while I eat. I see something about Yote going hunting. I'm thinking to myself, "Oh Lord." I read. Oh ok, Its the same old thing. Then I get to the picture. ROLF. If I laughed any harder I would have woke up Jade and Jerm. I love the pic. I needed a real good laugh. Thanks Yote.

Back