You Guys Are Gonna Really Get Tired Of Me Asking!!!

fyretr7

Reefing newb
Hey I am trying to clean all the supply hoses on my 125 gallon aquarium before I set it all up.The return line from my sump looks to be maybe 3/4 " and it Y's off to feed 4 return nozzles.My friend took this thing down and didn't flush anything out.Now all the lines have salt deposits inside.Looks as if all the fittings are barbed fittings and short of just taking them all off and replumbing it I have no idea how to clean them out.I thought about just filling the tank with warm water and maybe about 5 gallons of white vinegar and see if that does any good.If anyone knows of a better way to clean and flush these lines Id sure appreciate the info.The mag 18 he had as main return pump and the rio hf 12 he had on skimmer were both froze up and useless.I have decided to go with the mag-12 and a hf 17 or 20 on the skimmer.Any help on this would be greatly appreciated................................Thanks.........................Dutch:bounce:

That would work if you need to get the tank clean also. If not Put the hoses in the tub and do the same thing with vinegar just run water through them with your pump or a power head. Same basic principle just easier to drain the tub.

I'd suggest filling those hoses full of straight vinegar and letting them soak for an hour or so.The just flush em out with fresh water and they should be good to go.
Vinegar works good to clean your pumps and power heads to.Thats why I keep about 15 gallons of the stuff at home:D
Not to mention,it brings out the flavor in my turnip greens.

Back