you have to read this thread on rc

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by daugherty, Feb 13, 2009.

1. daugherty

daugherty part time reefer

1. Advertisements

2. daugherty

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

Just did:D

yote, Feb 13, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. daugherty

sen5241b

One customer: "you sold me a 50G tank but when I put the rock and sand in there it holds less than 50Gs of water and so I want my money back."

Yes, this actually happened.

sen5241b, Feb 13, 2009
  4. daugherty

bobby I like to do bad things.

[​IMG]

There are some funny people out there

bobby, Feb 13, 2009
  5. daugherty

i like the one were the customer buys some koi and then goes back to the store and wants his money back because they died. then he told them that he watched a blue heron eat them and did not stop them from doing it since there was a guarantee on the fish that they would live for a certain amount of time. or the one where the guy wanted to get a large setup and the employees got everything that he wanted together and told him what it was and he was like ok well i can get it for 20 dollars less online so i am going to do that and left.

daugherty, Feb 13, 2009
  6. daugherty

Piggy

Loved the light one. Lol

Piggy, Feb 13, 2009
  7. daugherty

Bifferwine I am a girl

That's a fantastic thread! I'm going to read through the whole thing because I like the stories. This is the best one so far:

Woman stands staring at a display tank,points at a Yellow Tang and asks"Is that a salt water fish?"To which I reply "yes".She then points to a Naso Tang in the same tank and asks"Is that a salt water fish too?"Don't ever believe there is no such thing as a stupid question!

:shock:

I still like to tell the story of the time I was in a Petco and a Petco employee was explaining to a customer how to acclimate the yellow tang to their freshwater tank. It's awful to imagine how many animals get killed by stupid people that add "Nemo" to their betta bowl!

Bifferwine, Feb 14, 2009
  8. daugherty

dustin_P74

here is the best one so far

1. Phone conversation between our manager and a customer, relayed to me after watching my boss honest to God blow the first snot bubble I have ever actually seen in person as he was laughing after hanging up:

Manager: Thank you for calling (fish store name), how may I help you today?
    Customer: Uh, yeah. I think I have a problem...
    M: Oh really? What seems to be the matter?
    C: Well I was doing a water change and when I leaned over the tank, my Extacy fell out of my pocket and into the water.
    M: Did you pull them out immediately?
    C: No, I was kinda messed up at the time and so, well... I couldn't really see how to get them out all that well. (why was this guy trying to do a water change on extacy?)
    M: Are they out now?
    C: Oh yeah, i took them out after I was straight again.
    M: How long were they in the aquarium?
    C: Maybe 45 mins? I though they would be okay, but now my puffer is just inflating and deflating over and over.
    M: Well that is definitely a problem then. Do you have any extra water available? How about a bag of carbon?
    C: No.
    M: Well why don't you come in and pick up some water and some carbon and we can talk about how to fix your problem.

The guy said ok and hung up. At this point we both figured it was just a really imaginative prank caller and figured no more wold come of it. But, sure enough, ten minutes later in walks in a guy asking for the manager.

C: Yeah, I spoke to you on the phone earlier.
    M: Oh, did you call about the puffer?
    C: Yeah, so what do I need to do?
    M: well how many gallons is your aquarium?
    C: 55
    M: Well lets just go ahead and fill 11 deltangs o water and have you do a 100 percent water change.
    C: Well, I brought the fish in if you want to see him.

We both looked at each other and said, "yeah let's see him." Now, I want to say that I in no way condone exposing fish to illegal scedule three narcotics, but I must admit that I was more than slightly interested in how this fish was handling his high. They guy goes out to the car and come back with a puffer in a 5 gallon bucket full of water. He is inflating and deflating with startling regularity and actually slightly resembled that puffer in the not to be mentioned kids movie when he puffs up and rolls away.

C: Think you can save him?
    M: I don't know, he seems to be in pretty rough shape.
    C: See what you can do. I have a party to get to, and now that the %&$*&^@ fish took all my stuff, I gotta make a stop. Just keep him.

He walks out.

After three days of daily water changes, some TLC, and some luck, we saved him. He is now in our display FOWLER and is the impromptu store mascot. His name is Jimi Hendricks.

dustin_P74, Feb 14, 2009
  9. daugherty

i had to go to petsmart the other day looking for some sand and the employee came and asked me if i had saltwater and i said yes and she was like good can you help this customer. ok well the lady and her family were setting up a tank and wanted to know if they needed to change the bulb in their tank so that they could keep a nem. well i said if you want to keep the nem alive you will need to change the light completely to some kind of HO lighting be it mh of t5. then the employee turned into 3 of them oh really i thought that you could just change the NO bulb to a different color and be fine. i told them they could if they did not want it to live

daugherty, Feb 14, 2009
  10. daugherty

Bifferwine I am a girl

Here's another good one:

this really happened. I worked at pet store in Auburn, AL when I was in college. The manager of the store put on a CD that was the sounds of humpback whale vocalizations. A group of mighty ghetto fabulous guys came in and asked what the sound was. The manager told them it was humpback whales and the next words out of these retards was, "Where are they? Can we see 'em?"

True story

Bifferwine, Feb 14, 2009
  11. daugherty

dustin_P74

what about this one

"So this guy called the LFS on the phone, and asked for the fish guy, so I get the call.

Him: Hey I have a large freshwater tank here in my front room, and my fish have almost all died off over the last couple months, and I was wondering if you had any colorful fish there at your store.

Me: We absolutely do sir, were you looking to do a peaceful community type setup, or something more along the lines of african cichlids or perhaps a discus tank?

Him: Oh I have no idea what they're called, I just want ones that are really colorful. What is a discus?

Me: Well, it's a really pretty fish from the amazon, that have been bred over the years to have almost any color of the rainbow. You can find some gorgeous discus these days.

Him: Could you describe them to me?

So I'll skip the next several comments back and forth to save time, but I literally spent 20 minutes describing discus, african cichlids, tetras, and even glofish to this guy, trying to get off the phone. Finally I said

Sir do you have an internet connection?

Him: Yes of course.

Me: Well why don't you write the names of the fish we've talked about and use Google images to see pictures of each one, and then stop in and we'll get you set up.

Him: I can't

Me: What do you mean you can't?

Him: I can't look at pictures on the internet..... I'm blind.

I was dumbfounded."

dustin_P74, Feb 14, 2009
  12. daugherty

dustin_P74

actually i take back my last post, this it the funniest one of all 35 pages

"this was told to me by a friend who works in a local LFS:

Busy Saturday afternoon, guy comes in with his wife and 3 kids. Recognize the guy, he's a regular; can't recall ever seeing the rest of the family before...The guy is looking to buy something for his reef; the wife is walking the kids around "oohing and aaahing" at the display tanks. Guy picks out a piece of coral. I bag it up and bring it to the counter.

Wife and kids head over to the clam prop tank. Wife stops dead in her tracks, looks in the prop tank, gets an angry look, marches the kids up to the counter where the husband is completing his purchase. Wife says to me "excuse me, but you really shouldn't have that displayed where children can see..." husband has a confused look on his face like "what are you talking about?" I say to the wife "I'm sorry, what are you referring to?" Woman points to prop tank and says "Those things in there... that's just wrong!" I say "You mean our clams?" She says "whatever they are, that is just wrong, having them out like that where my children can see!"

Now I am totally confused. The husband has a look on his face of embarrassment and says to the wife "what the heck are you talking about?!" I come from behind the counter and ask her to show me what is wrong. She points to the Croceas, Gigas, etc sunning themselves under the halides and says "That!" and she is starting to look very annoyed... I say "those clams look perfectly normal to me - what's wrong with them?"

The husband starts to put his hand over his face as the wife leans in to me, pointing her finger almost in my face and says to me in an angry half -whisper:

"I know that you know exactly what I am talking about... you can see their vaginas ...!"

It was a good 6 months before the guy came back in the store. Never ever saw the wife again after that day..."

dustin_P74, Feb 14, 2009
  13. daugherty

Bifferwine I am a girl

Oh my god, can you imagine being one of those kids, having to grow up in a household with a parent like that!! The kids probably turn out to be serial killers.

Bifferwine, Feb 14, 2009
  14. daugherty

when i got my clam my wife was looking at it and here it came that thing looks like a vagina

daugherty, Feb 15, 2009
  15. daugherty

lightcs4 Loving to learn

it's going to take a while, but I *have* to read the entire thread!

lightcs4, Feb 15, 2009
  16. daugherty

Bifferwine I am a girl

Dude, I'm on page 25. I've been slowly working towards the end of the thread over the last two days. Every time I get to a good stopping point, I book mark the page, then go back to it a few hours later. I can't stop until I'm done!!!

Bifferwine, Feb 15, 2009
  17. daugherty

dustin_P74

i was up til five in the morning reading it last night

dustin_P74, Feb 15, 2009
  18. daugherty

lightcs4 Loving to learn

That's pretty good. I figure it will take a few days for me to get through it.

lightcs4, Feb 15, 2009
  19. daugherty

Smitty

LOL...I guess common sense is not all that common.

Smitty, Feb 15, 2009
  20. daugherty

hibye

You said you wouldn't talk about me and my friends :grumble: you lied to me like that dorrito super bowl commercial :( JK

hibye, Feb 15, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question