You know your algae is bad when......

Do I win? :lol:

At least grant me a membership to the AFTC (algae filled tank club)

actually no
BIGPLOCH's tank was worse
i actually went to his house this past weekend
every possible surface that could have hair algae on it had it
we removed all the rocks
scrubbed them in SW
removed 3/4 of the sandbed
and restacked the rock with a more open layout for water flow
the tub i scrubbed the rocks in was so nasty, if you fut your index finger in, 1 knuckle deep, you couldnt see your fingernail

but i think we have gotten ahead of the problem now

Topper!! :lol:

I've been working my ass off on this algae culture, and you come along without any proof or documentation to back up your claim? You say BigPloch's tank was BETTER?!?!?!?! Where's the proof? Where's the "I WITNESS" (other than you) hmmmm?

I'm gonna need to see some pics. I don't give in on simple assertions that I've been beaten. I must have documented PROOF. Without pics, your claim remains unvalidated and I will NOT relinquish my crown!! All you've got right now is a RUMOR!!!

Topper!! :lol:

I've been working my ass off on this algae culture, and you come along without any proof or documentation to back up your claim? You say BigPloch's tank was BETTER?!?!?!?! Where's the proof? Where's the "I WITNESS" (other than you) hmmmm?

I'm gonna need to see some pics. I don't give in on simple assertions that I've been beaten. I must have documented PROOF. Without pics, your claim remains unvalidated and I will NOT relinquish my crown!! All you've got right now is a RUMOR!!!

completely understand your lack of belief
i shall return with pic proofs
before and after
although your frag tank should be a standard by which other algae farmers are held to:Cheers:

LOL!! You think you got algae problems? You got a little algae fro on your snails?

PLEASE!!!!!! You fools have NO IDEA what REAL algae looks like!! I am the ALGAE KING!! I RULE ALL CULTURING OF NUISANCE ALGAE!!!!

You are all nothing............ ROOKIES!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: THE FRAG TANK

Take THAT!!

well, with all that male postureing and name calling, i know when to pay out rope.

looks to me like your up an unsanitary tributary without sufficient means of locomotion.

well, with all that male postureing and name calling, i know when to pay out rope.

looks to me like your up an unsanitary tributary without sufficient means of locomotion.

:lol:

I've been fighting this crap for 6 months. Don't need anymore rope, I'm already having trouble breathing!!

I just want credit where credit is due!! If my frag tank ain't the worse you've ever seen, I'll eat some crow. But for now, you gotta admit, I've got everybody else beat to a bloody pulp. Snails with algae on the shell!! LOL thats funny!! Still nowhere NEAR as bad as my frag tank.

completely understand your lack of belief
i shall return with pic proofs
before and after
although your frag tank should be a standard by which other algae farmers are held to:Cheers:

It's taken a couple years of hard work, countless hours of dedication and many sleepless nights to achieve this level of success. Only the TRUE algae farmer possess the level of dedication it takes to reach this kind of majesty!! :mrgreen:

20% weekly water changes, running the skimmer at maximum and reduction of nutrients to levels never before seen in a frag tank. Nothing slows this algae. I am the KING!!

and in my opinion its easy to grow a plant on a stationary object, but its far more impressive to grow it on something that 1) is not stationary, and 2) EATS THE FRIKN ALGAE!

hehehehe

oh, and just as an aside, i'm really dissapointed that no one said anything about my PC version of up a creek without a paddle.

I got a kick out of your PC twist on words. I thought it was a very smart - sorta tongue in cheek - way of saying it. :Cheers:

My wife went to the store for milk and paper towels. I suckered her into stopping at a LFS on the way home and buying a sea hare for my frag tank. :shock: I know when I've been beat. :frustrat:

My algae killed my sea hare. Here are the before and afters. Now mind you this before pic was at least a month before the cavalry was called in. I was literally pulling out handfuls. Zoot is not making anything up.

Before...
BNA1.jpg

and the after...
BNA2.jpg

Trust me, mine was much worse than the before when I cleaned house. Thanks again Zoot!

Last edited:
Huh, wow, RC. That's quite a ...frag (?) tank you've got there...? I saw, two maybe three frags... Did they hitch hike in on the algae or something?? :D

I think having frags in there is messing up that lovely hair algae tank. This kinda reminds me of those beer commercials where the guy gets really messed up and says " Im good" after some drastic injury. Rc is "good" :bowdown:

SO what do I win other than a hungover Sunday full of rock scrubbing? The Presidency over the AFTC? Unless one you newbs has something to share, I believe RC is VP.

Back