Your preferred CUC for a 14 gallon?

brittant

Dog Person in the Water
I have a 14 gallon BioCube that is about 6 weeks old. Even after giving my two Blue-Leg Hermits multiple shells, I found one of them wearing a shell that closely resembles that of a rock snail... And can only find one of two rock snails in the tank. :grumble:

Any suggestions for stocking inverts in a tank that small? I'm thinking of taking back the crabs in a week or two, when I get back from break, in order to switch them out for two more snails... I'm really not comfortable with putting some of my inverts in a position to be killed and/or eaten.

My LFS has good stock, but it's hard to get a hold of one of the knowledgeable employees, so... Suggestions? Also, how often do crabs tend to switch out their shells - can I safely wait two weeks?

It depends on the crab. But i would get a variety of different snails, two or three of each: nassarious snails, astrena snails, nerite snails, cerith snails etc.

Hey, I always love more snails! Honestly, my sand snails are one of the most amusing parts of my tank. Have you ever heard of Sexy Shrimp picking on snails? I was thinking of purchasing a group of maybe 3-7 eventually...

Back