Your typical hermit?

Discussion in 'Invertebrates' started by clancaster23, Nov 15, 2011.

1. clancaster23

clancaster23

I have had two hermits in my tank for quite some time now, basically the whole time I've had the tank. These two are much larger than any other hermit I have in the tank and I'm just wondering if these are normal hermits or a different kind? They don't feed on corals or nag fish or anything, just like normal hermits, but they are much larger. I'd say with the shell, probably a little larger than a quarter, maybe silver dollar size. I just had one molt and they just get bigger. I didn't know hermits got this big.

[​IMG]

clancaster23, Nov 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. clancaster23

BL1 ............. Moderator

Looks like a thin leg hermit. Reefcleaners.org sells them from time to time, they're all out of stock though so I can't link you to their information page for them.

BL1, Nov 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. clancaster23

clancaster23

Yeah, googled it and although not a lot of info, that appears to be what it is. I may put one in my 40 gallon as the water is clearing up well but I'm now getting the reddish algae growing on the said with a bit of hair growing in it. I read someone said theirs ate this stuff up. Good idea?

clancaster23, Nov 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question