YWG, pistol shrimp and a firefish?

Angelajean

I know that I don't know
Okay so we have had the Biocube 14 up with the YWG and pistol shrimp in it for a couple of weeks.

We wanted to add one fish that will swim out in the open or at least be out in the open. Other than clownfish. Would a firefish be okay as long as it places to dart into?

We are in the thinking stages.

Yes I wasn't sure if it was a different species. Also I wanted to let you know that things seem better with the starry and the kole. I moved a couple of the blenny's perches/rocks around.

I appreciate all your help.

Yeah, the pic of the purple firefish on LA always looks more tan than white, but every purple firefish I've seen in person looks like the one you posted the link of. The video on LA looks better than the pic. They are cool fish!

I must have a crappy run on fish lately. My son sold off some coral frags and found a nice little purple firefish. We put him into the Biocube with the YWG and pistol within seconds the YWG was hunting him down literally. We had to take him out of their. Thank goodness the fish store had someone else come in that had wanted to buy him so we were able to take him back. I need to think of something else. Maybe a single clown fish.

Since the firefish didn't work out, does anyone have an idea of what might work out in the Biocube with YWG and a pistol shrimp.

I have had people tell me a damsel or a chromis, but they need 30 gallons according to Live Aquaria. I also know chromis like to school. I am not worried about the YWG being bothered. I think he can handle himself. I am not putting coral in the tank just a FOWLRS.
Thanks

I have a highlander fish...I mean green chromis and even though they are suppose to school apparently no one told him...he has killed 5 other chromis in my attempt to have three...so now he is happy and alone....

Back