Zero Water

Vincenzo

Reefing newb
Has anyone heard of this new filter called zero water?? Its apparently a 5 stage water filtration system that can filter your tap water to 0ppm, but its for drinking water really, would this be safe for reef water??

Zero Water $69.99

ZeroWater.com is the website. I was just wandering if this could work as an alternative filtration system that you dont have to hook up to the plumbing.

Looking at the website, it says it uses the DI process to reach a TDS of 0. If that's the case, it does look good and would work for your tank.

But keep in mind, that those filters probably need changing often. If they are expensive, then it may not be worth it.

Yeah i was just wandering because it seemed interesting on the commercial that just came on, I am not going to go out and buy it though because about every 25 gallons you gotta change the filter i think. Probably why its a drinking filter :D lol.

That looks like it would work, but not be too cost effective with the amount of water we go through with top offs and water changes. I'd go with a regular plumbed, wall mount ro/di unit.

That unit, while it does what it says, makes the water quite expensive. A filter is good for 20-30g before it needs to be changed. At $15 for each filter, it can get expensive fast.

Back