Zoa....

hibye

Reef enthusiast
I have one zoa that i have had for ?3 months maybe? and I want it to split because it has very nice colors on it . I have those ugly button polyps that multiply like crazy. So my question is: How long does it take for a zoanthid to split?

I placed a rock near one of my zoas like a month ago and I noticed just the other day that they finally started to hook onto it. Then my pinkish ones started multipying when I first got them. But has slowed down. I guess it all depends on which ones they are.

to me it seems like if you've only got a few polyps it'll take some time but once it gets to be a larger colony you'll have new polyps all the time. my frag of one Zoanthid finally split another polyp and i've had it for 3or so months now. from now on to frag them im going to just let them grow onto some rubble rock and then just take that rock out once it's covered.

I wish I could get a pic but it is in the back and the zoom on my camera sucks. So here is a picture off the internet that looks like it
DSC058021.jpg

i have those in my tank. i saw like 2-3 little one pop up but i moved my tank and i lost them but it took like 2 months.

I have those same zoas. I have them near two rocks and they have doubled in size in about 6 months. They are slow growers. There is nothing you can do to make them move faster, without risking killing the coral. I would let it run its course and be patient

-Doc

Back