Zoanthid Growth?

drm180

Reefing newb
I've been meaning to ask about this for a while. I have some yellow zoanthids and I can't seem to get them to spread at all. They don't appear to be unhealthy, they just don't seem to thrive. I've moved them around a few times. I've tried the sandbed, the middle of the tank, low flow and medium/strong flow. Nothing changes. Here is a pic just after I got them, I'll get a new one up tomorrow. What could be wrong?
100_0996.jpg

pH - 8.2
Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate - 0
Calcium - 480 ppm
Phosphate - 0
KH - 6 but normally arounf 8 dKH

Join the club....I can't get zoos to spread in my tank either..SPS grow better and faster in my tank..I've got about 15 frag plugs in my tank that haven't changed at all since I've had them. I stopped caring. they don't die, but they don't spread.

Good. I was just making sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. I have some palythoas that spread pretty well but my torch coral grows very slowly as well, which i assume is normal for an LPS.

yea i dont see any yellow ones... those look like green bay packer zoas to me... i have some and they are really slow growers... ive gone from 3 to 16 in 6 months.... my yellow polyps shot from 2 to 30 within the first couple months alone.

I meant green... I didn't know the color had anything to do with the growth speed. I did have a couple of orange polyps that I loved and I couldn't even get them to live.
100_0874.jpg

the colours dont necessarily have a correlation with the growth rate... some types of zoas just grow faster than others...

Back