zoanthid ID

eclipse_001

Reefing newb
can anyone help id these polyps i know the one on the left in the fist pic is eagle eye just not sure about the ones on the right

Attachments

• eagleye.JPG
    eagleye.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 635
  • ramdompolyp.jpg
    ramdompolyp.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 581
In the pic on the left, the red and white ones look like fire 'n' ice, not sure about the ones on the right. I call 'em nice zoas. Next time I frag all my zoas and try to sell em, I'm gonna give them fancy names and see if people pay more for them lol

The ones in the first pic with the Eagle Eyes are either Fire and Ice, or Ring of Fire. No idea what the others are. You can also check zoaid.com

thanks for the link i think i got an id on them the look like Coffee Cosmo, and the ones with the eagle eyes are defiantly ring of fire's thanks

I have something similar to the ones on the right. Mine have florescent orange specs under actinic lighting. I was told they're called a mohawk polyp, and can be rare. Not sure how true this is, but they've been selling quickly by a local frag place at $5 for 2 polyps.

hmm maybe i do see some orange dot around it when i have my actinic lights on and if they are selling two for five then i got a good deal with the four for five, but my lfs hooks me up with great prices as i sell him back frags of all the stuff he sells me

I have both of these zoas as well, they are quite good looking :) trying to frag them, but I cant seem to frag zoas right! :grumble:

Back