Zoanthids closed up

I doubt its a feather duster.If it is,then the dip will probably kill it.
But if you got nudis,then your zoas are gonna die if you dont dip them.
You just have to choose which one you like the most.

Get a tweezer and look for swirly looking egg sacks.Start pulling them off the zoos.The best thing is to dip all the zoos and put in QT.Then dip them again in a couple of days,repeat until there are no more nudis,snails.Any leftover nudis and snails left in the DT will eventually die within a week/wk in a half without there source of food.

Biff the zoo rock I had only had about 5 polyps on it. I was told they were spagetti worms but I don't know for sure. There were about twenty whatevers on it. They were little clear worms that were attached by one end. Good or bad I am not going to lose any sleep by throughing a 5 dollar rock away and saving a infestation of whatever it was.

I have been picking off sundial snails that survived the dip. One of my nassarius snails went underneath the zoas and brought up with it that nasty looking red worm! It was red with black stripe down its back, maybe 3/4 in. long, with thin hair-like spikes on its back and tentacles. Any ideas? I pulled him out but damn my digi cam doesn't work!!

Yup thats what they are Nudis. I guess I will have to dip them and try to get them off. Will give it a dip when I get home from work.

How often should I be dipping in order to ensure they are all gone? Every 3 days or so? Most zoas aren't opening up anymore...are they still in sort of a shock after the dip?

How often should I be dipping in order to ensure they are all gone? Every 3 days or so? Most zoas aren't opening up anymore...are they still in sort of a shock after the dip?

they are probably just a little upset from being in freshwater for so long. they should open back up in a day or so. i would do the dips every couple of days for a week or even two weeks, and keep checking on them on them every day.

Every three days sounds about right.Keep doing it until no nudis,snails or egg sacks are left.It took about 5 dips and two weeks til I was confident that I got them all.Zoos have the ability to fully close to protect themselves from the freshwater.Once I finished dipping,it took a week before they came back.Funny thing is that the zoos now are healthy and spreading WAYYYY to fast.I kinda wish I had those nudis back.

I wish my Zoa's were spreading like yours, Reef! I have been dipping mine every three days now for two weeks. I shake off about 2-3 Nudi's and snails every time, and got five Nudi's tonight! I am beginning to think this is going to be a nuisance for quite some time.

Question: Are green button polyps just as appealing to Nudi's as Zoa's? I just added them to my tank and since they look the same am wondering if they are infesting those as well. Thanks for any feedback

There is another nudibranch that feeds on Palys(button polyps)too.They look similar to the ones that munch on zoos.

Wow,I though you should be done by now.I would dip all zoos and put them in QT.Leave the display empty of zoos for a couple of weeks.I read those nudis die within a week without a source of food.

Back