Zoanthids Plug

stb06

Reefing newb
I bought a plug of zoanthids from the LFS and they are doing great. Nice looking and very bright. The only problem I am having with them is that when the light goes off and I look at them in the morning the plug has been pushed off of the rock somehow. I don't know what could be doing this. I have a peppermint shrimp, two snails, and a couple of hermits. Any solutions to this mystery?

It could be anything knocking them off.
There are several ways to make them stay put.You can epoxy or super glue the plug to the rock.Or stick the shank of the plug into either a hole or between 2 pieces of rock and wedge them.

hermits are probably crawling on them at night making them fall. if your going to be dong coral i suggest investing in a tube of super glue gel

Are your snails big? One of my red foot conch snails was cruisin the LR last night, I thought man I better kick him off he's gonna piss something off. Sure enough I get up this morning and he had knocked down my new monti digi frag!:frustrat: Lazy bastards don't eat algae they just knock over corals.

lol simpleman. They are some lazy creatures. I ended up just wedging the plug in between to rocks in hopes of encouraging growth on the rock. But about the hermits...will they eat the zoas? Are the zoas bothered by their presence?

They'll close up for a minute or 2 when the hermits crawl across them,but hermit usually dont bother the zoas.

Back