Zoa's and Aggressive Fish

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
Where the hell is Doc when I need him.

I am going to be setting up an aggressive/non-reef safe tank in the future(read spring) and I was thinking that maybe zoas would be compatible with some of these fish, i want to keep a volitans and some angels, maybe even some butterfly fishes or NRS wrasses. What do you guys think? If not maybe Ill set up a zoa only nano. I didnt really like zoas until I started really really looking into them, Janell loves them, soo....

from what i have read in past threads is that some angels eat zoas (read: koran from what i know) but i think doc had zoas in his tank with the volitan

A lot of depends on the angel.And as far as butterflys,Some like SPS and LPS while other like soft corals,so again,it just depends on the fish.

Ryan I can pretty much promise you if you keep an angel with zoanthids it will become food. Likely with butterflyfish too. My koran had half a colony demolished in about 2 weeks and I had to move it to the 80g to re grow itself. And this was a colony of probably over 100. It was like peanuts at the bar man, just destroyed. I love zoas so it kinda sucks. But at least I have my other tank for it.

Back