hi :)
noticted a couple of days ago 2 small nudis on my glass front
didn't know what type there were?? so took them out
if in doubt get them out
for the last week a couple of my zoa rocks have been closed up
I just thought there were having a monk on
but last night spotted small nudis muching them :frustrat:
so I looked at all my zoas and have removed about 20 of them
now my question is has any 1 used coral rx pro or sprungs revive ?
ive just read that straight ro is also good to dip these rocks in to
try and remove these little munchers
thanks

I use CoralRX dip for new additions to my tank. But be warned, it kills ALL critters.
Whenever I dip, I see pods, mysids, and other desirable critters scurry out of the rocks and die. But it is a price to pay to ensure you do not introduce unwanted critters into the main tank.

If you can take out the zoa rocks out of the tank, dipping them would be good.
You might have to do it every few days to make sure any eggs that hatch will get killed off as well.
I'm not sure if dipping can kill unhatched eggs.

RO/freshwater dip is iffy. It assumes that the salinity difference is enough to disrupt the critter's osmotic balance. It may kill some critters, some may just shrug it off.
Intertidal animals like snails, slugs, and some nudibranchs can tolerate extreme salinity changes for short periods.

I use CoralRX dip for new additions to my tank. But be warned, it kills ALL critters.
Whenever I dip, I see pods, mysids, and other desirable critters scurry out of the rocks and die. But it is a price to pay to ensure you do not introduce unwanted critters into the main tank.

If you can take out the zoa rocks out of the tank, dipping them would be good.
You might have to do it every few days to make sure any eggs that hatch will get killed off as well.
I'm not sure if dipping can kill unhatched eggs.

RO/freshwater dip is iffy. It assumes that the salinity difference is enough to disrupt the critter's osmotic balance. It may kill some critters, some may just shrug it off.
Intertidal animals like snails, slugs, and some nudibranchs can tolerate extreme salinity changes for short periods.
thanks rockstacker:D
ive just dipped all my zoa rocks in fresh ro water got quiet a few nudis off:)
but also killed loads of copepods and amphipods :(
think I will order the rx pro or maybe the revive as both have good reviews
thanks again:D

When getting CoralRX, make sure you read the labels properly.
They have different concentrations.

From an online vendor:
Coral Rx can be purchased in three different concentration levels: Coral Rx, Coral Rx Pro and Coral Rx Industrial.
Coral Rx (8oz) is ideal for retail store sales, and produces approximately 12 gallons of coral dip.
Coral Rx Pro (1oz & 4oz) is ideal for online orders to reduce shipping cost, and produces approximately 17 gallons and 66 gallons respectively.
Coral Rx Industrial (8oz & 16 oz) is ideal for organizations caring for a large quantity of corals, and produces approximately 295 gallons and 590 gallons respectively.

Back