Zoa's I.D. needed

crazy cajun

Reefing newb
can anyone I.D. these Zoas ???
sorry pics dont do them Justice im trying to play with settings, flash ect to get better pic quality i hope i figure it out soon

Attachments

• P7111884.jpg
    P7111884.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 213
  • P7111885.jpg
    P7111885.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 207
Red Zooanthads of course.:mrgreen:

Seriously it depends on where you get them. Often names are made up. Those for example could be Red Hot Mamas.

Those are called "Nice Red Zoanthids" I'll even use it in a sentence.

"You've got a frag of Nice Red Zoanthids there":D

I have no idea.

We need to start some sort of numbering system for zoa's. It would be much more accurate. we could use the same numbers that they use for computer logic, start from the outside and work inward. If it's got a cateye in the center, just put a C (cateye) before the number (color)...Not nearly as much fun but a helluva' lot more accurate.

they are very small frags now, how big in diameter to the get or does it depend on what they are?? these are the first zoas i ever had

Yeah, how big they get definitely depends on what kind they are...It also seems like the more boring colors grow faster than the more dramatic colors. They'll all spread, but the individual polyps may stay small or get big depending.

I love zoas...one of my favorite things.

:D:DThis is only my opinion. The names just dont feel right to me. There are way too many variations and there is no actual reliable catalog of names. And who is naming them, a first grader? There I said it, I feel better.

Last edited:
I do too.

Plus, here's another problem. The same zoa colony will look 10 different ways taken by 10 different cameras. You can't assign a numerical value to the colors (as someone suggested) because each camera will make it look different, and then when people go in and edit the photos, they will look even more different.

I have three different frags of eagle eye zoas in my tank. All three of them look different from each other -- whether it be the colors, length of the lashes, size, whatever. Yet they are all still eagle eye zoas. Huh?

I do too.

Plus, here's another problem. The same zoa colony will look 10 different ways taken by 10 different cameras. You can't assign a numerical value to the colors (as someone suggested) because each camera will make it look different, and then when people go in and edit the photos, they will look even more different.

That SOMEONE was me Biff, and my plan would've worked too if it weren't for you meddling kids...

I hate when you smash my dreams with your cockamaymee logic. DAMN YOU BIFF!:mrgreen:

Back