Zoas

andersoned14

Reefing newb
Can zoas get direct light? High in the tank under a MH?
here is a pic of the tank I want to put them on the high rock in the center. I have a 150w MH 10" above the water. Is this to much light for them?
d88a2af8.jpg

right where the camera flash/reflection is.

Depends on the zoa. Some don't like that much light and fair better at the bottom of the tank. You can place them there and keep an eye on them to see how they react. Also, depending on when you got them, and the lighting they are used to, you may want to start out with them on the bottom and slowly acclimate them up to the top after a few weeks.

+1 fast...do you know how much light they were under before? If they were in the same or more, it'd be most likely fine, but then if they were under less, I'd start them at the bottom and slowly pull them up. If they start to get unhappy at a certain elavation, then that's probably too much for them.

I had them for about two weeks now and got them online. So I don't know what kind of light they had before. They where on the bottom for the two weeks and seem to be doing good. They are suppose to be candy apple zoas. I got them from reefs2go.

I would say, since they've acclimated on the bottom, move them about halfway up to the final spot you want them and leave them there for another week. Then, move them all the way up to where you finally want them.

If they open up is this a sign that they are good? Or will it take a couple days for them to figure out if they are happy in the spot?
If they start to get unhappy at a certain elavation, then that's probably too much for them.

Back