Zoo's!!!!!!!

Altohombre

The Tennis Pro Reefer
I am very interested in zoo's because of the beautiful colors I have seen. However, I have yet to see an aquarium that has established zoo's on them. It seems that everyone I see has a frag with like 6 heads/polyps. Someone please post a picture of a rock covered in zoos in their own tank or from somewhere online.

In addition, I am guessing that most zoa's come on a rock of some sort. Is there any way to get them off the rock they are on and onto the rock I want them on. I have this one rock that is kind of like a mohawk in between large rocks on the sides where I would love to have zoa's all over it, but I dunno if there would be a way to put another rock on top of it without it looking like crappage.

I have a few frags in my tank, and only glued one on a rock and it took the whole rock over which is about 5x4. You can cut and peel them off of the rock to make other frags. It is very easy to do. I just fragged two kinds of zoa's and took a another frag and glued them by each other on a big shell so hopfully when they grow out I will have a diverse mixture on the shell. It will be pink ones, kryptonit, and sweet colored zoanthids. Can't hardly wait.

If you're looking for whole colonies than look at the ''Diver's Den'' section at Liveaquaria.com.You could always buy frags that are attach to plugs.Glue them to that rock you like and in no time they will spread and you will never even see the plug.Mixing a bunch of different zoo frags would be cool too.

Try looking through Kimoys pics in the gallery.I think he's got a tank full of zoas thats about any color you can think of.

Here is my favorite zoa rock. This picture was taken when I first bought it (about 2 years ago). All of the zoas have spread all over the place now and it's much nicer, but I don't have a new pic:

3307003.jpg

so if you put two different types of zoos next to each other they will commingle peacefully? I have heard that they will take over other corals spots.

Yeah, zoo's are zoo's and colors don't make them a diff species so colors can be mixed with no probs.

All those names you hear, people just made them up. Pink panthers....sounds good to me.

That hammer isn't too rare, but not very common either. I've seen similar at 1 of the good not so LFS I visit.

Alto, that's a hammer coral. It's common, but the colors on that specific piece are outstanding. Keep in mind, it will look different under different lights, so even if you buy that exact piece, it may not look the same in your tank.

And yes, different types of zoas can be kept next to each other.

don't get me wrong I have seen a lot of hammers, but they usually don't have 3 stalks out of it that make it look like 3 different hammers almost. The ones I see are similar to my frogspawn but with hammers on top.

I bought mine on ebay from seller who are near me, some from the frag swap, and I have got some coral through the mail from people off of RC.

Back