Zoo's!!!!!!!

i bought a 16 frags off ebay they all died except for the button poylps :(
i think a parasite killed them

Alto, I've ordered zoas from ZoMania.com, Aquaculture Farms and Reefer Madness - Tropical Fish, Coral, and Invertebrates. I got a "mixed frag bag" of zoas from each place, and on both sites it was promised that the mixed bags would be colorful, no boring browns, etc. Well, 90% of the frags were brown zoas. So I have A LOT of freakin brown zoas in my tank :(. But they all came very healthy, so I would not hesitate to order from either of those places again, but I would definitely buy specific pieces instead of mixed bags next time around.

zoa's are not boring Ryan. Look at Zoaid.com and see the colorful ones. The brown ones look like crap but the colorful ones are out of this wiiiizorld!

what is the difference between a zoa and a paly? Do the paly's have a longer stem? Also when they say price per polyp does that mean 1 head?

Here is my favorite zoa rock. This picture was taken when I first bought it (about 2 years ago). All of the zoas have spread all over the place now and it's much nicer, but I don't have a new pic:

3307003.jpg

Here is the same rock in my tank today. I HATE the colors of my new bulbs, everything looked so much better under my old lights:

0308056.jpg

And here are my favorite zoas in my tank, my pinkies. I paid $10/polyp for about 5 of these a few months ago, and thank god they've spread nicely!!

0308064.jpg

Last edited:
They look good. Nice growth.
Can I take a guess? You went from 14k bulbs to 10k? I tried an XM 10K and it washed out all the colors.

They look good. Nice growth.
Can I take a guess? You went from 14k bulbs to 10k? I tried an XM 10K and it washed out all the colors.

No, I went from a setup with 2 T5 10K daylights and 2 T5 actinics to a setup with 4 x 250 watt MH 10K daylights and 4 3-foot T5 actinics. So the MH 10Ks overpower the T5 actinics big time, you can't even see the blues. When it's time for me to order new bulbs, I'm going to get the MHs in 14K.

Back