ZyberGobys 90 build has begun!!!

Looks great!
I'm really digging the plug terraces.

I used 3/4" and 1/2" PVC to support my rockwork too.
One thing you might want to do is to sand the surface of the PVC.

I did not sand my PVC and what ended up happening is that coralline algae would grow over it, but then hermit crab and algae blenny activities would cause the coralline to flake off because the PVC is too smooth.
I think now that if I sanded the surface, the coralline would have a better grip on the PVC.

The masking begins :D and 2 weeks till D-Day

null_zps310eba5d.jpg

null_zpsf48af46a.jpg

Progress :D I'm using holdfast on it and sand paper to make groves in the PVC. And I'm using a mix of coral bones and rock. But so far mostly rock.

It looks better than I thought it would. I can't wait, either.

Thanks I'm trying to make as many pod hideaways as I can. In the DT to make my green spotted mandarin have to really work for his meal unlike the 30 he's in now where it's a lazy meal. I need to find more coral bones to brake up the look of just rock.

This is really great and it's the first time that I see something like this. Good job I can't wait either for the final result.

Thanks this is the second one I've built the first was for a friend but that i just drilled rock and cemented acrylic rods in it. this time I wanted to make something that had form but could be moved out or even built off of at a later date it just looks like its at a stand still.

Thanks Rock going to get more mistrials in a few i need to finish it D-day is comming or if your fan of G.O.T. " winter is comming"

So are you going to attach everything to the PVC frame and then lift the whole assembly into the tank?
Or are the bigger rocks not glued to the PVC?

Back