Zybers project

Ah, that sucks Z, but im glad to see you have a plan of action!

Thanks Hannah yeah I have a plan alright haha how its going to pan out I'm unsure. It's been a vary long 2 months. I'm going to get some sand tonight start pulling things after I do my set up of the 20g question my live rock should be fine in a bucket with a powerhead and light? Any ways I'm going to finish the day and so what I have to do to keep things going with the tank. Till we talk again take care Hannah :D

Ok so I did not do the renewal of my substrate yet. But last night I did get a Protein Skimmer YAY this should help a lot... I am going to run with that for a week then do it just so I don't do a huge system shock. even though I know I'll have one any ways but here's to hopping for less of one ;) now with my new sand I'm thinking of doing just black to make my reds pop along side my many other shades. also gives me a chance to pull and place thing in a better manner than they are now. Its time to re-vamp every thing.

other than that, things are not to bad my reef is slowly recovering. soon I'm hoping to have some awesome sights to show you all. till them every one take care

~Kurt

ok got the skimmer Friday and its running... I have the say in 24hours the water was super clear and my levels were back in the safe zone. But can still come down more. I still have the other filtration running as well. I modified it to work as a small rafugium. I'm running it with the mud in the bottom and live rock rubble. I'm also going to pop my mangrove's in the tonight they were just floting in the tank but now in the filter they go. along with my new order of cheto.
I'm still going to remove every thing just so I can renew my sand and some of my rock that is just covered in hair algae. then I should be back in working order :D. well till then thanks for stopping in and catch you all later :D

road to recovery
IMAG0457.jpg

today 3 days after having the skimmer set up
100_1480.jpg

just some photos of the tank :D

100_1470.jpg

100_1468.jpg

100_1467.jpg

100_1466.jpg

100_1465.jpg

100_1463.jpg

100_1462.jpg

100_1461.jpg

100_1460.jpg

100_1459-1.jpg

this is my recovery road i so far saved 72% of my tank

Well I got another Emerald Crab last night to test my tank for the CUC renewal. I also got a Top Crown Snail may be getting more Top's to night along with a Chestnut Snail. I know the Chestnut's are reef with caution I'll take that risk though. if it dose turn out bad in the refugium it go's... well my make shift one that is... any who things are coming around

Hang in there, it'll grow back. Seems like your hammer used to double every couple of months and the zoas will start spreading soon. You definetely have the knack for getting corals to grow!

Hang in there, it'll grow back. Seems like your hammer used to double every couple of months and the zoas will start spreading soon. You definetely have the knack for getting corals to grow!

Yes Ginger I'm hopping so. If not then I'm going to go and just set up a zoa, mushroom garden with some leathers and trees. at lest till I can set up a tank for just coral alone with 1 or 2 little guys.

Glad to see you are hanging in there and got a nice reward!

Yes Hannah I'll always hang in there you should know this by now :D I don't give up on my aquatic friends...

Hell sometimes there better company and friends than people LOL. also 85% of my tank was rescued from friends that just gave up or could not afford it any more let alone just flat out freebees. If I think I can save it I'll try its better than just letting things die from not caring right? I'm glad I saved what I did.
But I still feel like I failed epically on that before the summer crash I saved everything that was in my tank. stock wise all i spent was $76 on a fish friend and what I got from John @ reef cleaners and a colony of zoa (alien eyes) I got from swompbottom aquotics. so yeah for what I saved I feel I failed even greater because in the end things still died. But yeah I never gave up trying. Yes at times I felt like giving up. I felt the years of doing this have been just a wash. Never having any live coral in all this time I got in over my head. Sure I had great success with my propagation and all that but the crash hit really hard. Now to dust my self off and learn from it all. :Cheers:

Back