Anemone symbiotants

Live Rock

Reefer
Hi everyone, I am aware that clownfish can adopt different hosts in the aquarium. If it wallows in my lps, won't the coral be stressed?

Will porcelain crabs accept lps as a host?

I dont have much experience in this area since both of my clowns host my BTA, however I really wouldnt be worried about it. I cant imagine that your clowns hosting a LPS would cause it to be stressed. As far as the crabs go...I was unaware that anyone wanted them to host anything.

I dont think porcelain crabs live in nems naturally, there are lots of shrimp species that do however. I would suggest some sexy shrimp you want something to live with in your nem.

Also if the clown is larger than your LPS then they can damage them. You can try and them to find a new host by covering the LPS or moving it.

Your clowns can and will stress many lps corals...I've lost a duncan coral to a clown trying to host it. Like lil fish mentioned, most lps corals flesh is delicate, and the clownfish thrashing around in it will rip the flesh and damage the coral. I don't think porcelain crabs host anemones, but there a such thing as an "anemone crab", that will host anemones. Our else the pom pom crabs which carry small anemones on their claws.

depends on the lps, some lps can have a long term affect on the clown like galaxia and frogspawn. they can sting the clown because they are not used to it naturally. also they can hurt your corals if the clown is alot bigger than the coral.

Back