bakpak 2r with rio pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

daugherty

part time reefer
one extra thing that i dont need.
they are $130 new
i will sell it for $50 plus $15 for shipping (lower 48)

runs good for a bakpak. if you want pictures i can take one and post it up.

Last edited:
Well, it is a BakPak :). But Rio pumps are good, and are not exactly cheap. Since it comes with the pump, I would say you are not asking too much.

here is some pics of it

001-20.jpg

002-20.jpg

003-18.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIkt38d8OGA"][/ame]

I think that is a fair price. I was going to pay a little more for one until I got the OK to get the 800S.

I would personally try listing it somewhere like Ebay or your local craigslist. I loved my Bakpak and I think it would be a hell of a deal to someone starting out.

one extra thing that i dont need.
they are $130 new
i will sell it for $50 plus $15 for shipping (lower 48)

runs good for a bakpak. if you want pictures i can take one and post it up.

Ironically I just received this exact set-up from my friend to be used on my new Nano tank. I think I maybe would have given him $50 for it but he just gave it to me because he's a great guy. It works (pump) and is in great shape. I just gotta reseal the tube connected to be sure it won't leak. :mrgreen:

well of yopu ned one that does not leak let me know :mrgreen:

It wasn't leaking...:mrgreen:...I just wanted to make sure even better. LOL

I have my set-up installed and is in heat acclimation mode right now using pre-cycled water, live rock and sand. The water is starting to clear up and is beginning to settle. I will be taking pictures as the process goes on.

I am very excited about how much flow this Bak-Pak does for the nano tank I am using. I hope others see this post who may be interested and take it off your hands quickly.

daugherty,

First off, is it still available? How long did you have the skimmer in use? Also, do you think it worked well? I just set up a 29g and need a skimmer for it. I was thinking about going w/ a hob skimmer/fuge combo. I have a 10g sump built, but I'm a bit afraid of using it bc I have frequent power outages in the winter and don't want it to flood my house.

i have had it for about 4 years but three of it it has been sitting in storage. it works good for a bakpak they are not the best skimmers out there i had it for a 55 that i took care of at redlobster here and it was just to small of a skimmer for that tank. i have never had any trouble with this skimmer i did have it on my 10gal nano but i took it off and decided to go skimmerless so that it was not just hanging in the tank it was just to big for the 10gal

I had one on my 47g, had 0 nitrates with it. If you mod the skimmer it'll work for you but will always skim a little wetter than other skimmers. If you get an old biowheel and cut it so that the points will be sticking up, you can place the impeller directly over the biowheel. This really cuts up the bubbles. I used a MJ1200 on mine.

Worked VERY well for me, but it took some work to get there. I stuffed some cheato and put a light on the other side of the skimmer and that worked great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back