180g Stocking Advice

FrightyDog

Reefing newb
i Would like all the fish Reef Safe And an overall Peaceful Tank. how Overstocked Is This?:
x Spotbreast Angelfish
1x Coral Beauty Angelfish
1x Yellow Tang
1x Sailfiin Tang
6x Blackbar or Blue/Green Chromis
6x Dispar Anthias
1x Firefish
2x Scissortail Dartfish
2x Barred Dartfish
1x Purple Firefish
1x Hectors Goby
3x female and 1x male Whipfin or McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
2x Teardrop or Ocellaris Clownfish
1x Midas or Tailspot Blenny
2x Diamond Watchman Goby
1x One Spot Foxface
6x Pajama or Bangaii Cardinalfish
1x Lawnmower Blenny
CuC:
x6 Emerald Crab
3x Anemone Porcelain Crab
1x Blue Porcelain Crab*
24x Hermit Crab (8 of each; red, blue, green)
10x Astrea Snails
10x Nassarius Snails
2x Onyx Nassarius Snails*
3x Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp
10x Peppermint Shrimp.
1x Fire Shrimp
*=could be replaced or not added at all
So what do you think? Good stocking? Too much inverts, bad mixes of fish? Could a butterflyfish or two be added? Thanks for any input
I would add them in this order (once the tank cycles) with two weeks until adding the next batch
1.-6x Blackbar/ Blue/Green Chromis
(not add more until tank cycles)
1.5. -All inverts
2.-3x female 1x male Whipfin/McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
3.-2x Teardrop or Ocellaris Clownfish
-6x Pajama or Bangaii Cardinalfish
4.-6x Dispar Anthias
-1x Hectors Goby
5.-1x Firefish
-2x Scissortail Dartfish
-2x Barred Dartfish
-1x Purple Firefish
-2x Diamond Watchman Goby
-1x Lawnmower Blenny
-1x Midas/Tailspot Blenny
6.-1x Coral Beauty Angelfish
-1x Spotbreast Angelfish
-1x Yellow Tang
-1x Sailfiin Tang
-1x One Spot Foxface
(when added they will all be small [under 2"] but the Tangs, angelfish, and gobies other than Hector's will be similar in size

also, 2 weeks is not enough time in between...you will need to wait 1 month especially for the number of fish you are planning on

it will overload the system

i based if off of size, activity, and location. the anels, tangs, clowns, chromis, amd foxface share the open space together. the wrasse and gobies share the bottom. the dartfish, cardinals, and blennt share the rockwork. the anthias idk about..
edit: also ok i agree with you on that

Yes but thats the point...you cant exceed the bioload or you will constantly be battling nutrients, algae and poor conditions

Its your decision but I personally would not put 39 fish in a 180

i understand That, But i Could Get a better Filter And other tools. i Am Thinking pf downsizing it as i go. i sure iwill look and think "wow my tank is full", but i am looking suggestions on tempermant, hardiness, reef compatibility, etc. But thaml you for the concern, i know it is overstocked, and i will cut down the numbers, just not yet

i understand That, But i Could Get a better Filter And other tools. i Am Thinking pf downsizing it as i go. i sure iwill look and think "wow my tank is full", but i am looking suggestions on tempermant, hardiness, reef compatibility, etc. But thaml you for the concern, i know it is overstocked, and i will cut down the numbers, just not yet
Welcome to LR!
That is the point. There is no way to tell you temperament, hardiness and reef compatibility since everything is going to be skewed because of the number of fish you are trying stock. What might work with 18 fish most certainly won't work with 39 fish, etc... Territory issues and stress will greatly affect your fish the more crowded you make it. Even with more filtration and live rock for water quality there is simply not enough room to coexist. I have always been an aggressive stocker when it comes to fish but you will be asking for trouble, failures and death at your current list. Knock your list down to a more manageable number and then you will be able to receive the advice you are seeking. Just my two cents.

+1. There's no way 40+- fish will cohabitate in a 180. Maybe if you had 40 chromis, but I doubt that, even. Like they said, depending on fish, maybe 15-20 or so.

The other day the new guy at work was moving a ladder, there was this shelving bin just low enough to prevent the ladder to be move over ( I had already told him it would not go under that side a few days earlier) so I knew he was gonna run into the bin. Did I say something? No.
All that time I'm just looking at him and when he runs into it, he asked me if I new that was gonna happened,
I said yes,
He says thanks for telling me!!!
So i say :
I like to see people learn by themselves!!!!

Back