36W UV Sterilizer

i was looking on ebay for uv light sterilizer:shocking: and i found one...do you think i should buy it im put some info on the product..plz let me know what you think...???? its $47..:twocents::twocents:
36W UV Sterilizer Clarifier 36 watt w/ Light Bulb Algae
UV36_400x900.jpg

Odyssea UV 36 Ultraviolet Sterilizer
The Odyssea UV Sterilizer is the most simple and efficient device for eliminating algae and harmful organisms. The powerful output from the UV lamp helps ensure that disease causing pathogens cannot reproduce and lowering the changes of a disease outbreak in your system. The helical interior design allows longer UV exposure time through the UV chamber for better performance than traditional straight pass UVs. The included bracket lets you hang the UV unit on the back of any aquarium or sump. Includes 36W UV bulb.
Features:

• Dimensions - See diagram
  • Includes 36W UV bulb - 2G11 4 pin base
  • Includes 3/4" tubing adapters
  • Helical interior design for longer UV exposure time
  • Eliminates algae and harmful organisms
  • Stops disease causing pathogens
  • Keeps water clear and healthy
  • Up to 250g aquarium
  • Includes bracket for hang-on mode
  • For freshwater or saltwater setups
Listing includes:

• 1x UV 36 fixture
  • 1x UV 36W bulb (2G11-4 pin)
  • 1x Hang On bracket
  • 1x In-line platform
  • 3/4" tube adapters

What are you goals for this? Most reef keepers don't use a UV filter, I personally thing that they hurt more in a REEF than they do good. They kill all of the microflora/microfauna that our corals and some fish need to feed on.

If this were a fish only system or a hospital tank I would consider it but IMO they aren't great to use on a reef.

Back