Added 2nd clownfish advice plz

Feepz

Reefing newb
So i added a smaller B/W clownfish to my existing Clownfish. The existing was an Occ, LFS told me the b/w was also occ so. As i read on the internet of ppl using a clear hamster ball to put the new one in and put in tank. Plenty of holes for water flow. So i bought a small hamster ball and have the new smaller b/w clown in the tank right now. My existing clown hasnt gone near the ball. Shes staying on opposite side of tank. Maybe because its new? Im going to give it a while and see how it pans out.

It said to do this for a while so they can see each other and what not. How long should i wait to let the new one into the tank without ball??

Are the two clowns similar in size? And how long has the first clown been in tank alone?

Depending on the answer to those questions, you might not be able mix the two without a serious amount of aggression, even with the hamster ball.

But I would release the clown from the ball by the next day so he can get adjusted to tank and get eating.

Well i bought the tank used and it had the existing clown owner siad about 9 months i made sure to get the smallest b/w in the tank.

Just removed it from the ball.. no aggression yet. And fed some Rods Food, everyone getting along. I also added a bicolor blenny.

You really should wait at least 3 weeks between additions, but i think you will be ok. If the clowns to start fighting I would try a blackout and re-arranging the rocks.

You really only want one fish for every 10 gallons, so I would say you are at your limit. You might be able to squeeze in one more, but i would cap it at 4.

Yeah hmm maybe in a month or so ill add a purple firefish and call it a tank. I plan to upgrade in the future.. Would have started bigger but found a crazy deal on craigslist.

+1 little_fish
haha it is most defiantly a disease, i am constantly looking at, or shopping for my tank!

Back