All parameters to test for..

MikMcgyver

Vlamingi owner 4 life!
Can you all list the things you would possibly need to test for in a reef tank..

Stuff like:

Nitrates
Nitrite
pH
kH
Salinity or SG
Ammonia
Calcium...

Am I missing anything? Or is something listed twice..

I am working on an excel spreadsheet to help me monitor my tank stuff, help me track down issues if they arise.

And phosphates and temperature.

Those are the only ones I test for. There are so many more you can test for -- silicates, molybdenum, strontium, iodine, etc... But I have never tested for those, I guess you can if you wanted to, I'd be interested to hear the level that the average tank comes in at for those random ones.

What are the min/max of some of these stats?

Like salinity between 1.023-1.026......
Nitrates under 20ppm or so...
Etc....

Ammonia,and nitrites,0 of cource.
Nitrates under 20 at least.
calcium between 350 and 450
alkalinity ,I like mine a little high,but from 9 to 14 DKH
salinity,1.023 to 1.026.

Ph 8.2
Ammonia - 0
nitrates >20
nitrites - 0
cal - 400-500 (if you like fast growth)
Alk - 10-14 (if you like fast growth and good coralline algae)
temp 78-82
SG - 1.021-.026

this is what I shoot for and it works for me. Things will be a bit different depending on your livestock. When I had a shark, I had lower temps and SG cuz sharks like it that way.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

fine, fine, fine....you are right....again. Hell it is like being married to you...always apologizing...and no benefit, hmpf...

Oh boo freakin hoo. You and Neal could form a "I'm always wrong!" club and cry about it together. Your club names will be Nancy and Mary. :)

I prefer to be called harriet during my role-playing thank you very much.

Thanks for the help guys. I am still working up the excel spreadsheet.

Anyone interested in it? when I get done with it anyone want a copy?

my current wife can admit when she is wrong.....that is why we are still married!!! Not to mention she is really hot and fun and lets me have lots of fish tanks, and golfs with me, and likes action movies and suspense movies, and cooks for me, and cleans the house, and....wow. Yup she is pretty awesome. She is like my best friend, cool roommate and hot chick next door you want to...um, you get the idea....all rolled up into one woman!

I married Ms. Right.

I just didn't reralize her first name was Always, until we signed the marriage license. :grumble:

Did you know that scientists at MIT have discovered a food that reduces a womans' sex drive by 97.5%?

It's called Wedding Cake.

That's funny. In my own personal experience, wedding cake increased my sex drive. For men other than my husband. :cold::cold::cold::cold: Yeah that's right. I'm cold.

Back