Bird Wrasse

foxymoxy

Reefing newb
My friend ended up buying a bird wrasse for her 50 gallon tank. It is beating up all the other fish (probably because the tank is too small for it). Anyways I am thinking of adopting it but no nothing about these guys. Will it be ok in a 150 or will it out grow the tank?

Reccomended tank size for them is 125g so it'll be ok size wise in your tank. However, it is considered an aggressive fish and not reef safe so chances are that it'll pick on other fish in your tank.

my fish are tough...my concern is them picking on him not the other way around...if the tank size is ok that i will put him in

No way in hell would I add ANY of the Bird Wrasses to my tank.Not gonna happen,don't even try.

Bird Wrasses are extremely aggressive and will generally take on any fish that happens to get too close.

That was funny LOL

Ironically, when I was at the snooty restaurant the other day, they had a sw tank..It was maybe a 125g....had one of those bird wrasses in there, but I didn't know what it was called...I figured it was some kind of wrasse....now I know :D And now I know not to get one :mrgreen:

Back