Blackout Preparation.

drew00c

Reefing newb
I was wonder what you guys have in terms of preparing for blackouts. Me personally I have a few battery powered generators. In case of an emergency i can at least plug my filters and heaters on. In Toronto a few years ago we had a massive 4 day blackout along with alot of the northeast states. They came in handy, well the filter did the room was 104 degrees. I had to put ice cubes in it that were melting in the freezer. All was well and i didnt lose any of my Fronts or fry for that matter.

I thought about a battery backup for power, but figured a tank that is decently established will last a couple of days without power.. Maybe a backups for a lil bit, to run the powerheads, to get a lil circulation back to the tank every so often...

We rarely loose electricity here in the south except maybe for a few hours.I think the last time we lost electricity for more than 6 hours was during an ice storm back in 97'.I do have a backup generator if the worst happens.Which reminds me,I need to service it.

nothing but hopes and dreams over here that the power doesnt go out. best i got is a butterfly valve to shut off the overflow if im home and the sump goes too high. but it should be fine, just in case

I don't have anything for a backup, but I have never had more than a hour blackout. I would like a back up generatore just incase though.

I just keep my fingers crossed and hope we don't have a blackout. we had an ice storm january this year. and was without power for four days. luckily it was when my tank was cycling and didn't have any livestock in it.

I got a generator that will run my tank without any problems.
But we got a sorry electric company.Might take them a day just to fix the line if a tree limb falls on it.

I have computer battery backups of various sizes that we got from a company around here that was upgrading, my biggest one will run my heater and powerhead for 36 hours, the rest for about 12 each. If its really bad i do have a generator that we usually hook up for lights. My biggest concern is my heater, here in missouri the only bad power outages we have are when its -400*F

no electricity probs here..but we always are in the way of hurricanes..lucky still none has reach grounds..i just keep my fingers crossed

Yeah most people seem to have some kind of backup, Its going to start getting cold here, last thing i want is to wake up and find an ice cube were my tanks used to be.

Back