Brought home....

Ryan

Reefing newb
a purple dottyback tonight. Acclimation is going well. Just started the process. Any tips on what I should look for? Thank god for the living reefs forum. What would I do with out my my reef freaks!?:mrgreen:

Let me know, and btw no q-tips are no where to be found in my house. :D

Just float for 10 or 15 and drip untill the salinity in the bag matches.Turn him loose and give him time to settle in.
I wasnt going to bring up the Q-tips:D

Hey now.... I knew I'd hear something about those. Maybe I should've entered my name here as Q TIP? OK, so believe it or not the salinity is almost dead nuts even right now.

Dont release the dottyback untill the salinity is perfectly matched.
HEHE,I'll hush:mrgreen: Gotta pick on ya some bro:beerchug:

I figure a couple more drips and maybe 1 1/2 hours and we'll be there. Lights will also be off! Cheers to you too bro! :Cheers:

I just read a really large article on dottybacks. Should be a fun fish for you. Make sure you post a pic as soon as its at home in your tank as stated above

Good luck with your new fish! Don't panic if you don't see him for a few days. It can take any new fish up to a week or two to get comfortable in their new home. Don't worry if it's not eating right away -- it will be okay for quite a while not eating if it's scared.

OK!!!! Well, after 2 1/2 hours we released him in our tank. He seems to be doing great. Our tank had somewhat of a little tunnel/cave in it for him and sure enough he hangs out right down in that tunnel and swims out occasionally and swims back in. Our clowns don't mind him one bit as they met this morning when I turned the lower wattage smart light on. He seems very secure in his new home.

What would I do without my forum family!!!!!????? :shock::mrgreen:

Cheers to all of you guys for helping this beginner out! :Cheers:

Ryans arch nemises!!!

Q-tip.jpg

Back