Caught my dragon worm

Homer

Reefing newb
You have two hours to identify it, to save this good looking, colorful worms life... Yes, I hate bristle worms, and yes, I have got rid of them and there is not a single one in my aquarium (i did practice the quick liverock dip in freshwater, it makes them crawl out of the rock).... Oh, by the way, bristle worms can eat hermit crab, I got video proof... And not a dead hermit... a live...

But this is no bristle worm... I caught him sniffing for my hermit crab... well, the rest is in video, please,any ideas ? :)

Is it the eutnice worm? or polyblbalblab?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcTgVIbW5wg]Dragon worm :) - YouTube[/ame]

I have a crap load of bristle worms thanks to my husband's helpful nightly feedings that I knew nothing about. I hate them. That thing looks nothing like any of mine. It does look like Eunice, she was huge though. I am not sure I would want her in my tank. Lol.

No idea what that is....I have to agree I dont know if I would want it in my tank...

I have a crap load of bristle worms thanks to my husband's helpful nightly feedings that I knew nothing about. I hate them. That thing looks nothing like any of mine. It does look like Eunice, she was huge though. I am not sure I would want her in my tank. Lol.

use DIY. Bristle worm traps... Catch them out and down the drain ...

What happens when there aren't any other worms? When the over feeding stopped my bristle worms started pulling my snails and hermits from their shells and eating them. I have been trapping and flushing but I still have quite a population. Yuck!

Kylekaitmom, are you sure those are bristle worms? Do you have a pic? because i dont think one could eat a hermit crab unless it was huge

check on youtube, there are few videos of bristle worms in pack eating hermit crab... (live hermit crab)... ... I flushed the worm the drain.. .F .. him :)

5 years later.....

"Breaking news!"
"A guy got killed by a 10foot worm that was supposedly flushed down the toilet
5 years ago"

Yeah, my girlfriend, said, that she is not going to sit on that toilet anymore, because she doesn`t want that thing to crawl in here... If You know what I mean :)

Do you have any links to those videos of a bristle worm eating hermit crabs?

Well, in YOutube you can search for them, there are hundreds... So yeah,.. but heres one example...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btv7oqJdFd8]Bristleworm vs. Hermit Crab - YouTube[/ame]

Ew that's a looong worm!!!! I like the part where he's trying to crawl out and he can't and he looks back at his long ass, trying to bitch them out for not moving up with him LOL

Yep I have pics, not if them eating the crabs though. I was too.... Shocked to grab the phone. They are regular bristle worms, not extremely large ones either. Let me see if I can post....

41EFE6C9-EC87-497D-AEC6-BA7952B8E8AE-1930-00000248BA697139.jpg

55ECC8A0-AB7B-44CD-9CEB-24C2ACC37EE9-1930-00000248243029F0.jpg

Back