clown question

surferido

funky buttlovin
i have a 55 gallon with 2 tank raised false clowns. Ive had them for over 5 months now i started noticing when the lights go out one goes to the top left of the tank and the other goes to the bottom right in to a little hole he/she dug out. i know the bigger is a female and they change sex but could i got two females? during the day the hang out together and are fine with little bickering. can some help me understand what is going on and thank you.:bounce:

Clowns start out as males and the dominant 1 becomes a female. Once it becomes a female it can't turn back into a male. If you bought them already matured, it's possible you have 2 females, but most tank raised clonws sold are juveniles.
Are they both the same size? Females always get quite a bit bigger than males. Also, just because you may have a male and female that doesn't automatically mean they will form a bond and mate.

My clowns are retarded, I hate them. It feels good to say that finally! haha!

No I don't hate them, just get pissed because my female because she is constantly digging in my sand and messing things up, and they never leave the anemone.... I seriously haven't seen them venture out of their corner of my tank in at least 2 weeks.

They do act weird at times though. From everything I have found, thats how clowns are...just strange acting fish! Doesn't seem like any thing to worry about with yours.

ahahaha mine are special..hahah....ok i wasn't really worried. i was more like WTF?? because when i had freshwater the male and female would always mate and stick together. i also have a scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp and i heard/read the clowns wont mate if one is in the tank. is that true if so why?

Just so you know, even if the clowns DO mate....There is alot of work that goes into breeding clowns. The eggs just won't hatch and you end up with 40 clownfish. It's alot of work, you need a plan, a separate tank, etc, etc,.

Back