Colt in the sand??

PinkMonkey

Reefing newb
I bought a Colt Coral the other day and he hasn't taken to the tank yet. He is standing upright and looks ok but none of his arms have extended, just balls of cauliflower. I am running 2 250 watt Metal Halides with 2 T5's and have tons of water flow. I placed the colt on a rock for the first 2 days and he still hasn't opened up yet so I moved him to the middle of the tank but put him in the sand. Not sure if these guys can have TOO much light or not. Do they like being in the sand or should I move him back to a rock??

the middle of the tank down low has the least amount of flow cause my powerheads point in all different directions, 1 is rotating so that one pushes across the middle. The powerheads are well placed for lots of flow but not over the top. :)

I had to google that one, I always called it a kenya tree.

I have 2 actually I have them both on the side of my rock structure out of the direct flow but they are still getting enough for them to move. I had one directly in the flow at first and it said totally shriveled until I moved it over.

Colt and kenya trees are different... They look very similar and it can be confusing to distinguish between the two. Colts do not spread nearly as quickly as kenya trees and aren't considered "noxious" like the weeds are. :)

Colt and kenya trees are different... They look very similar and it can be confusing to distinguish between the two. Colts do not spread nearly as quickly as kenya trees and aren't considered "noxious" like the weeds are. :)

Yeah I probably got the annoying weed one lol :frustrat:

Photo0632.jpg

Back