cpr overflow boxes

baddfish

scrubber fan!
I've been through several different diy overflows, and am tired of worrying about them when I'm away from the house. My current one only allows me to open up the mag7 return pump about half way, so I'm thinking its only returning about 2-300 gph.
So, I think I'm going to break down and ordering a cs90 overflow box from marine depot. I'll probably double that flow and gain some peace of mind.
Any input on the cpr continuous siphon overflow boxes? Most of the reviews I'm reading are pretty good.

I used to use one. It worked great. I never had any problems with it. Be sure to get the recommended little Tom's Aquatic dosing pump with it. That will ensure that the siphon starts up again if the power goes out.

I use the CPR-100 and I can say that I haven't been too happy. Unless you're using the pump you won't get the same rate of flow from the overflow. Also, if the little input where the pump sucks out of gets clogged then you have the same problem. And mine has gotten clogged twice in the past 2 weeks. If I were you, I'd consider going with one of the overflows from prefilter box, siphon box, overflow box, siphon overflow, Eurobrace, Euro-brace, Euro-tank you won't need any pumps and the chances of it clogging are much less then with the CPR.

Back