Creative Ideas for 10 Gallon

italipinos8

Reefing newb
So i bought a 10 gallon Aqueon tank a few days ago and need some ideas on what to do with it.

First off, i will be taking this tank with me to college next year. So, i would like for it to be an All-In-One, BUT I am also contemplating putting a sump underneath. I have been researching and general consensus says 10 gallon tanks are easy to crack when drilling and also weight from bulkhead.

What do you think of making the tank rimless?

I want this tank to be neat and nice looking. I was either thinking making a rock wall or just minimalist with two islands.

Heres a little sketchup of the tank if i were to make a rock wall. I would make the wall kitty-corner and the filtration would all be in the back.
Untitled.jpg

your right a lot of time when i try to drill a 10gallon tank i do crack it sometimes. but the only reasion it would crack with a bulkhead is because they tighten it to tight.
I would go with the idea with the filter being in the back. make a kitty-corner that would be the easyest thing to use. and the rock wall would be cool.

Lucky for you, the college you're going to allows it. The one I'm going to has a strict policy on pets. They offered consolation though, asking if I wanted to do maintenance on their tanks in the biology department.

Leaning more towards the rock wall idea. I ordered 10 lbs of pukani dry rock from bulk reef supply. I have to see what i can do with the rock and how it would look first before i make the final decision.

That sucks that your college wont allow a fish tank. Most at least allow you to have a 10 gallon. Im going to Clemson next year but ill be staying at apartments

I go to college and they allow 40 gallon tanks if your downstars and 20 max gallons upstairs. but i have a house with my wife so the only restriction i have is the money. just need more of it lol

Back