d2mini's REAL 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

I'm guessing that you will have the tank custom made, so I would go as wide as you can, maybe even in between 18" and 24". I can't wait until I can move from my 18" wide tank to my 24" wide 120g, so much more I can do as far as the rock scaping. Besides, you will only use that dining room 2, maybe 3 times a year. Big waste of space, money, etc! :D Wish I could take over our dining room for the new tank. You are buying her a new house, so go for the wider tank. You can always buy narrower furniture if need be! The Amish Craftsmen will even do custom.

I'm guessing that you will have the tank custom made, so I would go as wide as you can, maybe even in between 18" and 24". I can't wait until I can move from my 18" wide tank to my 24" wide 120g, so much more I can do as far as the rock scaping. Besides, you will only use that dining room 2, maybe 3 times a year. Big waste of space, money, etc! :D Wish I could take over our dining room for the new tank. You are buying her a new house, so go for the wider tank. You can always buy narrower furniture if need be! The Amish Craftsmen will even do custom.

haha, all good points. But you know me... it has to fit the room!
Plus, the plan is to surround the tank with built-in cabinetry, which again has to fit the scale of the room and not stick out too far.
But i am thinking of having the tank stick out and/or slightly overhang the rest to add some "neat-o" factor. ;)
The numbers i through out were just a guesstimate, but it will be at least 18".

And yeesh... i just lucked out with teaming up with some talented local guys who gave me some much needed help... i didn't do all that much. ;)

Third radion mounted over the tank!
Nice even coverage across the whole tank now. :)

20110914DSC3133EcoTech.jpg

20110914DSC3137EcoTech.jpg

Back